• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Kombucha

Just wondering if anyone drinks Kombucha or makes kefir? Any improvements in your crohns, did it make symptoms worse? I discovered the store bought kind after my tonsil surgery and it seemed to help ease some of the pain in my throat (maybe just the amount of carbonation felt good? I'm not sure) Anyway, I'm skeptical of it and want to hear peoples' thoughts.

I drink Synergy Kombucha pretty regularly. Tastes great as long as it hasn't been shaken up on the way or in the store. I'd start with maybe half a bottle a day for a few days as your body adjusts to the new strains of probiotics. My body responds pretty well to probiotics and I personally feel a bit better after starting to drink them. Keifer isn't bad either as long as you can handle it.

Used to have kefir daily but I've been taken off dairy. I spefically asked about kefir because of the good bacteria and was to in direct terms "it's still milk"...so there went Greek yogurt too. I like kombucha and drank it fairly regular with no problems. I was also taken off sugar and didn't ask about kombucha. Was also told not to drink black or green tea because it is drying. So kombucha is out or just a now and again treat.

I have no idea if it's related but the last time i tried Kombucha i had severe symptoms almost instantly for at least 24 hours. I've been in remission for about 2 years and can pretty digest anything since i've been in remission, so i thought this was weird. My GI is of the opinion that i probably have certain sensitivities and advised me to beware. I have no problem with any other teas or any types of yogurts.

I've still been drinking kombucha on a daily basis since may now. I've been feeling the best I have in a really long time. I'm still taking my medications and everything but I think cutting the sugar out that I was getting in pop and drinking the good probiotics in kombucha has helped me a lot.

Just wondering if anyone drinks Kombucha?

[FONT=&quot]Well I have learned the hard way, that not all Kombucha is made equal!

I have tried some brands that have set me off, and I have tried other brands that help settle me down.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I am currently drinking a lovely product called "Living Elixir Organic Turmeric Ginger Beer" by Red Dragon Organics. It seems to help. But on the downside it is expensive, with a 1250mls bottle costing me $20.00[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]I should probably try making it myself. [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I and saw an interesting book the other day called "Real Food Fermentation: Preserving Whole Fresh Food with Live Cultures in Your Home Kitchen", by Alex Lewin. And am planning to purchase it.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fermented foods are meant to be good for IBD, but you definitely need to start off small and build tolerance. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]