• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Labwork - How often with Imuran?

How often do you all have labwork done? I just recently switched GI Docs as we relocated from Texas to Georgia. New Doctor said things seemed great and he wasn't going to change anything up, see him in 6 months. Now realizing that is a long time to go without labs. Thinking maybe this was overlooked.

hawkeye

Staff member
I have been going every 3 months since I have been on Imuran. My files at the doctor were thicker than a phone book with the results.

Mark

I get CBC every 2 months, CMP every 3 months. Before this I had both monthly. After being consistently good, he stretched the time in between.

every 2 weeks

I go every 2 weeks since starting imuran 50mg once a day. Doc says labs will change to monthly then every 3 month if everything stays good. The VA pays for the blood work but not the meds
I am also on humira every 2 weeks.

Once every month. But after my colonscopy showed everything eh okay once every 6 months. I've been on it 8 months now.

When I first started it was every week for 2 months, then every month for 6 months and now it is every 3 months indefinitely. Hope this helped
xxx

I was going every two months but will be kicking it up to every month since i just got upped to 350mg. So far I have zero side effects i think, i just got moved to 350 yesterday since 300mg wasn't working. After this I may be joining the Remicade club, really don't want to do that, but I am getting tired of the pain.

I just had labs after the first 2 weeks and then the 4 week mark...now I am not sure when I get them again...its been over a month...I"m wondering myself if its too long. See GI in a few weeks...I suspect he will order it then.