• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Last day appointment - (ugh whatever!)

So I had a week of bleeding and diarrhea for the first time in a couple of years. Doctor first said "infection, not Crohn's flare" but all the stool work came back normal. Now he says "IBS not Crohn's".

Meanwhile, my iron dropped from 52 to 38 (back to low range) and ferritin at 3! I don't think that is IBS! :ywow:

Gastro says "you had two colonoscopies in the past three years and both were fine". The good news is that the diarrhea is gone.

What do you guys suggest I do!?

I would suggest finding a new GI if he is not taking you seriously. Everyone deserves proper treatment and discarding your symptoms and concerns raises a red flag to me.

Try a functional medicine doctor. They try to get to the root of your problems. Anemia, low ferritan levels, crohns and fibromyalgia are red flags as far as a functional medicine doc is concerned. They do extensive work up.

I thought IBS doesn't bleed. Maybe I'm wrong, but I know some GI distinguished that idea for us. Definitely see a new doc. And start logging food, bowel trips, and symptoms in a book. Maybe there is a pattern in there someone where that will present itself if you have a log to compare. Hope you find answers soon.

Yeah I have never heard of ibs causing bleeding. Now it could be hemroids causing it but I would assume scopes would see those.