• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Late on Humira Dose

I swithced jobs a few weeks ago and it has been a nightmare getting my insurance switched over and because of all of the delays I am not going to be able to get my humira by the time my next does is due (tomorrow). Has anyone here ever completely missed a dose? I have been taking it for 10 years and have never missed. I take it every week now and might not be able to get it till next week so I would miss an entire dose.
I called my doctors office and they do not have any extra on hand sadly so there really isnt anything that I can do I dont think.

If you are getting your dose next week, I think you should be alright. I don't think your humira levels will drop dramatically after missing one dose. If it was longer, then it would be more apparent. I don't think you will go into a flare that quickly. My son is on Remicade and his dose was changed from 4 weeks to 8 weeks and his Remicade levels dropped significantly but it took months for that to happen. He was put back on the 4 week intervals. I would think in your case, you would be okay for the one missed dose, even if you might start feeling a little off, you'll get back on track quickly. Good luck.