• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Latest GI update!

Went to see my GI doc yesterday. Was pretty anxious and excited to hear what he had to say since the last time I saw him 2 months ago) he said I was doing a lot better and could barely feel any inflammation in my LRQ.

Well, he said he still thought I was doing well. He said he still felt something small in my LRQ, but he said it could just be my cecum that he's feeling rather than actual inflammation.

I asked him when he thought I might get a colonoscopy because originally we had planned for me to get a 2nd one in August, but put it off when I had my partial blockage in April and he upped all my medications.

He said I would probably visit him one more time in November in between holidays and then try to get in a scope early December. I'm actually really excited to get this done. I am anxious to see what sort of difference there might be as compared to my scope in February. Hoping he might even be able to get farther up to see what my ileum looks like.

He also said that some time after my husband and I get back from our mini vacation in October I could try going back to every other week Humira injections. Hopefully, my body can tolerate that! :) And then I think if I tolerate that for a while he will start to reduce my azathioprine. But, first step is trying less Humira injections. :)

Good visit! I love my GI :)

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
That's great Marisa. Glad things to be going in the right direction. I look forwards to scopes too. :p Seeing what's going on is really helpful and brings peace of mind. :D

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hey Marisa,

It's so good to hear that you have have trusting relationship with your GI, YAY!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I hope all continues to go well for you Marisa.

Thinking of you, :hug:
Dusty

It's great news, and always good when you find the right Dr. Have a wonderful trip with your honey. Stay well and have fun, fun, fun!

Crohns Story

Great news Marisa. Hopefully you will be in full remission drug free very, very soon.

Best, Inna