• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Lavender aromatherapy oil

Hi
I am going to start shortly Humira injections. I have used aromatherapy extensively for a lot of years and when i have any injections or have my blood taken, i do not bruise after putting lavender on the place where the needle went. also when i have accidents like shutting a door on my finger bruising goes within a day, due to the lavender. my question is, that because of the many warnings with humira, does anybody know if it is safe to put on lavender oil on the injection site?

thanks for any info

I wouldn't see why not.. I'd use it after you inject tho, because you want to have clean skin when you're sticking a needle into your tissue. I use the Digestzens Oil from Doterra quite a bit tho and it seems to help for certain symptoms.