• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

LDN & CCX282 available in melbourne, Australia

Hi all,

I was recently sent to the Gastroenterology department at Alfred Hospital, Melbourne Australia, by my Gastro to get a second opinion on my stubborn Crohns before I start LDN.

Well to my surprise the Dr there told me that they have patients on LDN and they also have an option for Ibd patients to join a trial study of CCX282. They were so helpful and told me if I like I could join the trial of CCX and if it didn't work after 3 months I could take LDN through their clinic.

I just thought if any of you with Ibd in Australia are finding it hard to find a Dr that knows about LDN then maybe you could give the Alfred a call and ask for the Gastroenterology department ward B (clinical trials).

The Dr told me I could try LDN at any stage but the ccx trial is only open for a limited time before it closes. Apparently CCX works really well with a very limited side effect profile. The Dr said that if I started LDN and it didn't work for me then I couldn't start CCX because the trial would be closed so trying CCX first and then switching to LDN if CCX doesn't work would make more sense. Hope this information is helpful.

regards Michael

Never heard about CCX before, it would be great if there are more options of drugs with little side effects.

The stats in the study, however, don't seem too encouraging.
---
47% of subjects on CCX282-B were in remission, compared to 31% on placebo (OR = 2.01; p = .012); 46% showed sustained clinical responses, compared to 42% on placebo (OR = 1.14; p = .629).
---

There is hardly any difference between CCX and placebo on sustained responses.

Last edited:
Thanks Alex, I did notice that comparison but I think they are putting patients on higher doses in this next phase. I think it will be 500mg twice per day, I'll call the clinic tomorrow and check and ask them a whole bunch of question before I consider this trial drug.

I did some research on it, I like where they're heading by making the treatment site specific (intestinal rather than the whole body)

Hi Samboi,

I was diagnosed by Dr.Sorrell at Cabrini she was a great GI but because I live far from Cabrini I changed GI's.

Joshuaaa i agree, the fact that CCX is site specific is great, I just hope they can optimize the dose so the drug can work even better especially for long term remission.