• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

LDN & Prednisone

I started with 1.5 mg LDN for a month then 3 and have been on 4.5mg's for about 5 weeks. My symptoms have improved. I am averaging 3 bathroom trips a day with watery D. Bleeding is gone for the most part & I feel better. Some days are better than others. My husband has had a few medical emergencies so my stress levels have been high at times even thought I have tried to just breathe.

We have an Alaskan cruise planned the beginning of July. My doc gave me some prednisone to take if D isn't gone by then. It will be hard to find a bathroom while on our Jeep Adventure....etc.

Anyone have any experience with taking P and LDN?
Could that be the key to get me out of this flare for good?

I was diagnosed with a yeast allergy so trying my hardest to avoid that and gluten. Yeast is everywhere. The cruise can accommodate the gluten and said they would call me before the cruise to discuss the yeast issue.
My doc does not think I have a Candida issue.

I just want to have a great trip and not see every bathroom on the ship.

Thanks

Wendy

My doc prescribed budesonide (actually got a wad of samples of Uceris) before I went on my cruise. You might want to bring along some immodium or something like that too. One of my solutions for problems when I'm home is to just not eat very much or eat very low residue foods. But when you're on a cruise, food is such a big part of cruising, it's hard to "just say no".

I sat at breakfast with a woman who had very limited food choices, but the cruise line (Princess) did accommodate her. She said dinner was easier (not sure why, but I think she could pre-order her dinner and she did NOT use 'anytime dining' (meaning she would have the same waiter each night)). For breakfast she got different suggestions for how best to handle it, and there were some rather long waits for breakfast foods.

We did LDN along side prednisone with no issues. Hope you don't need it and have a fantastic cruise. Sounds like fun.
We always pack immodium when we are traveling both hubby and son's GI have okay'd for emergency use while vacationing just didn't want us to use often or get in the habit but if you are out on your jeep adventure and not anywhere near bathrooms that would qualify as an emergency in my book.

Thanks
I wasn't sure if I could do Imodium with LDN
Uceris worked for me once but the second time I tried it I had no relief
I am hoping since I have really only been on 4.5 for 5 weeks that I will get better relief in the May & June....It is so hard to be patient! and I know LDN takes time
If I have to do the pred. for a week or so maybe that will kick me the rest of the way into remission.

Princess is who we are cruising with! They seem great so far

Thanks

Wendy