• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ldn update

Hi, so my update on my new test with ldn, I've been on 4.5mg since Sept, and since October my reactive arthritis has flared repeatedly amd last week it was the turn of a fistula that is pretty dormant most of time, I sometimes want people to know how we cope amd what exactly goes on bit in my personal life I try and keep it to myself as would feel Like all femininity has gone, so antibiotics for fistula seem to have calmed it, arcoxia for arthritis has calmed all that, so as of today just back to ldn and turmeric, I have heard from someone with fibromyalgia that her symptoms worsened prior to her fantastic result now, it gives me some hope to hear any thing similar and I'm keeping positive as possible,I also am.putting off blood tests to measure the inflammation till.I feel it's subsided, here's to another week :)

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hi danny. I saw that you requested additional support. Sorry for the late reply.

I've never taken LDN before but I hope it starts working for you soon. Let us know what your blood work says when you have it done. Keep us posted on how you're feeling. :)

Sorry Danny
I meant to come back and reply the other day, when I read your post I was standing in line at Costco picking up meds.
I think it has been true for quite a few that things got worse before getting better. It was certainly the case with my son. Although we have not had to deal with fistulas with him. I think things really begin to turn around about week 12 although he felt much better prior to that it just seems from that point he had normal blood tests and his ESR was at a 7. We had blood tests right before starting LDN and again at week 12 and again at 8 month mark along with scopes which showed healthy pink tissue with no sign of active disease.
Hope you get good results on your labs and please let us know how it goes

Thanks everyone for reply, I thunk I've finally turned a corner, my energy levels are fantastic, the fistula has calmed as has the reactive arthritis, my doc is like me and willing this to work so we are waiting for another four weeks to do the bloods, If they reflect how I feel then it has to be good proof, I'll keep you informed :) ,