• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Learning to Live with Crohn's

I am newly diagnosed with Crohn's as of November last year. However, without a lot of improvement my doctor's are still trying to find meds that work and that will begin the process of healing. Along with the Crohn's I also have colitis and Esophagitis. Meds are continuing to change until my doctor finds a dosage and set of meds that will begin the process.

Along with the Crohn's not sleeping and losing weight like crazy! I am now on two meds that help with sleep and with anxiety and just basic functioning. Is anyone else experiencing sleeplessness and moments of real anxiety? My memory is terrible, vision is declining, I don't hear well now and these are symptoms that have been getting worse over the last year.

My original diagnosis was Leaky Gut Syndrome and was treated as such for an entire miserable year of 3 visits to the ER with severe pain and bowel shut down. Doctor simply did a CT Scan and sent me home with Miralax.

I thank God for my new Gastro Doctor who truly paid attention and didn't just dismiss me. After a colonoscopy and some blood work done, he found the Crohn's disease at a severe level and wanted to know how I was even functioning? Finally someone who cared and didn't dismiss and make me feel like I was crazy.

Would appreciate any insight that you can share about your experience. Thankful for this very helpful and information forum.

Jim (POPS)

Jim (Pops)
pianogirl,

First off I would like to welcome you to the forum. You will find the support you need in this forum and also the chatroom. I just wanted to tell you that everyone here understands what you are going through. Hope to see you in chat.
Jim (pops)