• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Left side pain

left side pain

I have a lot of rib pain from AS but some times I have this pain that is under my ribs and on my left side.
I wish it away as rib pain that I'm confused about, or related to a ovarian cyst which i don't have but the pain reminds me of one i had in the past.

I've been seeing several other people mention this pain all over the forum. What causes it? is it actually crohn's related?

I have no intestinal symptoms, on GI issues are GERD/Heartburn. I don't have any inflammation in my blood test or in my eyes even (yea!). only inflammation issues currently have is arthritis. I guess that's why i'm so curious. I haven't had it in a while.
But what is it? is that where my intestines are?

hi there,
the pain could be crohn's related the intestines run from lower right to lower left sides of the body and all the ways down to your anus. it could be just a little cramping depending on what you eat. but if it persists i would get it checked out just to be sure. and yes it usually under you rib cage just below and across you belly botton.