• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Leg pain from Prednisone

What is the best pain reliever for horrible pain in legs due to prendisone? I am having terrible, terrible pain in my legs at night and in the morning, and I guess it is a side effect of taking Prednisone for Crohn's. I've been on it for 6 weeks now, and they have me on high doses, just starting to taper and it's killing me. I have been taking Tylenlol, is there something better that anybody might know of? Thanks!

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Can you talk to your doctor (GI or GP) to prescribe something a little stronger like Tylenol 3 or Tramadol etc.? Often times stronger pain meds can make you very tired and some even make you nauseous/vomit. Its up to you and your doctor to figure out if those side effects are worse than the pain. In the meantime you could try a heating pad if you haven't already. I know that adding heat often made my legs feel better when they were cramping.