• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Length between infusions

How long do you go between infusions. I finished my start doses in June and go 8 weeks in between infuses now, but I am at 7 weeks and I had a flare. Should I ask to go 6 weeks next time? Really concerned that 8 weeks maybe too long for me. Thank you!

I guess a test to check for remicade levels will be good idea. Sometimes a shorter time between infusions or an increase of the dose will do the trick.

I was there yesterday and my DR wants to try one more round at 8 weeks since it was my first round after my loading doses. If I fail to make it the full 8 weeks, we will try every 6 weeks.

Glad your DR is on top of things. I hope remicade does wonders and you achieve remission soon. My daughter has been on it for very close to 3 years and she is doing great. Let us know how it goes.

I really relate to this post. understand its bit old time wise. but wanted to check in..
I am at this point right now, questioning whether a shorter 5 to 6 week seemed to work better. doctor stretched it recently over 8 weeks, BOOM! I began having flares again. I agree with the shorted weekly dosage. He rather bump me from 400 mg to 700 for 8 weeks. This stuff is poison. doesn't anyone read the warning labels on remicade? ugh. good luck.