• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Let the world know about IBD

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
I found this thanks to the link Mike posted about a new vaccine or CD. Please give all credit about this to the originator of this idea, Terri. She is a sufferer of CD since 16, and now is the mother of a girl also affected with this disease. She can be contacted at Terrigardner77@hotmail.com. Basically the idea is to get Oprah Winfrey to do a show on IBD. Imagine how many people this show reaches daily and how this would really help spread awareness about this disease we all are affected by.

Basically we can all do this by going to :https://www.oprah.com/plugger/templates/BeOnTheShow.jhtml?action=respond&plugId=B2100004

Here is an application to fill out ideas for a show. If we all "demand" our storys and condition to be known, there is the possibility that a show will be done on it. This could really spread awareness about IBD in the U.S., and would be something I think would benefit us all. I am filling out the form and sharing my story. I suggest you all do the same. Worst case scenario is that someone at Harpo productions gets to learn about what you have been through :).

I just filled it in but the 2000 word thing made me not be able to talk about everything I am going through.
Thanks for sharing this

Jeff

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Jeff D. said:
I just filled it in but the 2000 word thing made me not be able to talk about everything I am going through.
Thanks for sharing this

Jeff
I agree with that. I made my form more of a general topic due to this, but I think if you can sharing a personal story is best. I just think that any mention of IBD will help, and think this is something everyone should try and do.

L

little_sami

Not being in the USA I haven't done this, but am always looking for new ays to raise awareness.

I'm thinking of doing the NACC walk next year and sending an e-mail around to the whole company where I work, with a brief description of colitis and crohns, asking for sponsorship. It's probably only 70 people but that's 70 people more I suppose...

S

Sparrow

I have a page but been too tired and sick to attempt to try to get many sponsors, but my best friend and I are going to do the walk together anyways, she's been my biggest supporter next to my family:)