• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

LGBT Crohn's Patients

nogutsnoglory

Wade do you tend to try to date others who are bi as well? The reason I ask is because I know biphobia is rampant among the straight and gay communities. Sadly I know many who won't date someone bisexual because of all their misconceptions. I wonder if that's an issue for you and to top that off add this disease and you have two big surprises for someone?

Hi there! I'm a bi woman married to a woman. You are so right, nogutsnoglory, there are huge stigmas in the gay community with bi's. It's like being a minority within a minority and some people think you just can't make up your mind - which obviously is not true.

It's gotten easier over the years. When I first was going out to bars, I stuck out like a sore thumb because I'm very femme. But over the years, I blended in more and more, since the younger generations don't seem to care as much about labels, which I think is a good thing.

My spouse saw me being bi in a very funny way. She said I was really lucky because she only had 50% of the population to work with and I had 100%. I had never thought of it like that before she said it. To her it never mattered. But I know I've said this before, I'm just really lucky to have found the right person for me that supports me for everything thing I am - bi, crohn's and arthritis patient, high maintenance, etc.