• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Lightheaded and tired for a couple days now

For the past four days or so ive been feeling kind of dizzy/lightheaded and almost as if I'm in a fog. I also feel very tired for most of the day.

I have not had time to see a doctor yet but was curious to know if this could be crohns related.

I'm on pentasa ( only 2 grams daily) and protonix. I've been on both for almost a year now and have never had problems. I also take a multivitamin everyday.

I was hospitalized a couple months ago for bloody stools but all tests came out inconclusive on where the blood was coming from. My GI suspects the small intestine.

At the moment and ever since I have had no stomach pains or anything but normal stools.

Any ideas? Should I wait it out? If not should I see my primary or my g.I.? I don't have time from work that I can bounce around to doctors offices everyday if its not necessary.

Thanks for any help

sounds like you,ve picked up a bug doesn,t sound like our usual friend but if it sticks around i,d see your gp

Last edited:
Like the last two, these are classic anemia signs. The fact that your doctor was checking for blood in your stools would heighten this suspicion for me as I suffered from this for 3 years. Do your legs "twitch" and wake you up when you are sleeping? That one is sort of a classic anemia sign. Don't let it drag out too long, it's very easy to address when it is caught early.

So blood work came back today. Everything. Was normal except my monocytes were .1 over the normal limit. Those results were from an urgent med and they didn't seem sure where to go from there. I'm still extremely tired and in this fog all the time. Should I just go to an er? This is day 10.

So blood work came back today. Everything. Was normal except my monocytes were .1 over the normal limit. Those results were from an urgent med and they didn't seem sure where to go from there. I'm still extremely tired and in this fog all the time. Should I just go to an er? This is day 10.