• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Link between Ferritin and B12?

I am wondering what the relationship is between Ferritin and B12. Is it possible to have a normal Ferritin level but a low B12? At my last blood test a month ago, my Ferritin level had increased to normal and my B12 level was low normal. I am still really tired so have had bloods taken again today. If my Ferritin is going up does it automatically mean my B12 will go up as well?

David

Co-Founder
I'm not aware of a link. I don't remember reading about one and double checked and couldn't find one. That doesn't mean there isn't of course, but I personally do not believe there is.

As for whether your B12 will go up now that your ferritin will go up, that depends on why you were deficient in both.