• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Liquid Diet

Was at my GI doc today for the first time. He's not sure if it's a flare up, infection, bug........So now I have to go for a TON of testing. MRI, blood work, stool tests, TB test. Plus he wants me to just go on ensure or boost for 6-8 weeks. But my doc is really nice though. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

I did 8 weeks full meal Replacement on ensure plus, and then another few weeks half ensure and half solid food.

I loved it and it was very effective, without all the nasty side effects of steroids. I would say that it gets really hard to stick to after 3-4 weeks because you start to feel so much better and you're dying for food! But it's well worth sticking to :)

Hey! Thanks for the encouragement. I was feeling rather depressed about the whole deal. It was encouraging to hear of your success!

No problem! The whole experience was great. Of course it helped that I had no appetite to begin with ;-)

One more thing I would add...my coworkers and friends adapted very quickly. I went to summer barbecues etc with no questions asked.

My mum on the other hand had a hard time and kept offering me food and then not understanding why I couldn't have one sip of sprite haha! I was of the opinion that if it's worth doing then it's worth doing properly!

Hopefully you will have more luck! :-D

my little penguin

Staff member
Ds is on it again
All elemental formula (neocate jr chocolate)
Not the easiest
But chew crushed ice helps your moth muscles
Set weekly goals
Some like to have a plate to smell

Some GI let you have pure sugar which can make cotton candy (not much )
Or dum dum lollipops for a flavor change