• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Little Farm Girl and a New Journey

A new journey is what this truly feels like. I'll start at the beginning.

Edit: She has NOT been officially dx yet!
6 months old her pains started to hit. They started as abdomen pains. Soon to follow was belly and knee pain. Grace from birth to about 11 months old had to be "help" to have a bowel movement. Her toe nails curled under (malnutrition). As she grew her pains became worse. She developed asthma and sinus problems. Acid reflex reared it's ugly head. He growth was slow. Her weight was study ( always a good eater:D). Around 2 1/2 yrs. old she should no more sighs, we thought great the nightmare it done. However it came back around her third birthday with a scary vengeance. Now her symptoms were worse and she started losing weight fast. Our GP how has seen Grace since birth has always taking a wait and see approach finally took blood and stool samples over a couple weeks and found she had HIGH LDH, elevated liver enzymes and other thing. He also found she had c. diff. He was hoping that was the culprit all along. It was not. She declined more. She was taken off every kind of food and drink worth living. In this time I found this forum :)heart: you guys) She was sent to a GI downstate. He is the one to mentioned IBD, which we already thought.:wink: However her blood results were normal enough and he also wants to wait. He put her on Miralax and another med. Constipation is also more of a deal than diarrhea. She's had an impaction. A mother knowns her baby. We searched for answers and we meant a wonderful family that told us about there girl that has Mastocytic Entercolitis. I remember reading their story and info on this new IBD. The next day I had this info in my nurse's hands. I said this is it!!!! She said they would read it and they did. I think it shocked them that I could be right. I got a call on Friday and she said they believe I COULD BE RIGHT. She and the doc seem excited (in a sad way) that this could be it. She said on Tuesday we're to get in and we'll talk more. So their is the long short of it. I KNOW I forgot things but that will be brought up in time.

Grace is doing better today but she's having potty accidents again. BTW Bladder spasms can be from Mastocytic Entercolitis (ME) also known as MIBD or MC. Her acid reflex has started up and tomorrow will be day #3 of no poo.
I'll post more about this new IBD in my next post.

Again this can change! We might be pointed in another direction next week?:biggrin::heart:

UPDATE AS OF 11-5-12
Blood and mucus in stool.
Joint pain causing limpness of the left leg and pain that has to be treated with meds.:thumbdown:
Started EN, but to sick to contuniue it, right now because of bad stomach pains.
Update as of 11-10-12
ER visit because of blood in stool
Stomach got worse. She's on zantak now.:(
Losing weight at first but now steady. Still on two shakes of EN a day.

Last edited:
I am honoured to be the first to reply on your new thread. Just wanted to wish you luck on your new journey!! :rosette1:

Hi - thanks for the update. I am very curious on the tests your doctor did to dx ME. Did they do the special stain to mearue the mast cells on her biopies? Please let us know what treatment Grace is given and I hope she improves!!

No Dannysmom.:yfrown: She still NOT officially diagnosed. Her GP is going off her presentation of symptoms over the years. That's why I'm cautiously optimistic about the future. This could always change. On Tuesday we will be talking about where to go from here. You do need to stain the biopsy but first we have to find a GI that will understand and do this. Our GI may or may not even know about ME. I hope he does and will get her in for a scope right away.
I have read of two people that got dx with out the biopsy proof. As you know it's all about timing. If you have the wrong timing, you know not flaring, it MIGHT not show up.
We want to make SURE are GP does all that he can to get a proper dx.:thumleft: So whether it's ME or anything else we want to know. So please stayed tune to the TV show of my life! Grace is in the staring roll and next season might change her dx 5 times.:ylol:

It just feel good to be heading in one direction even though it might change!

Grace is having a rough time again. Lots of pain :frown:No poo for three days and potty accidents:cool: (including my bed).

Although it is sad that she has anything wrong with her, I am glad that it looks like you guys are nearer to getting some answers and some treatent for poor little Grace - big hugs xxxx

my little penguin

Staff member
Question what was the special fecal test she has to do?
DS has crohn's but now also has ibs-c and ME fits so well given all his other issues.
Thanks

my little penguin

Staff member
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/10671776/

So mast cells reacting in the gut can be the precursors to Ibd since they cause the cellular changes and once you have Ibd ( crohn/ UC)
Then you need the stronger drugs to stop these changes.
With ME you start with the mast cell stabilizers in a sense to stop the progression to crohn/ UC in some people.

Hope that Makes sense.

So for DS staining would be a mute point since mast cells would automatically show up.

I hope you can stop the progression early since from the papers I read today the drugs start with in order:
H1/h2 blockers
Mast cell stabilizers / singulair
Pred
Immunosuppressants
Biologics

Wishing you the best on tuesday

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/10671776/

So mast cells reacting in the gut can be the precursors to Ibd since they cause the cellular changes and once you have Ibd ( crohns/ UC)
Then you need the stronger drugs to stop these changes.
With ME you start with the mast cell stabilizers in a sense to stop the progression to crohn/ UC in some people.

Hope that Makes sense.

So for DS staining would be a mute point since mast cells would automatically show up.

I hope you can stop the progression early since from the papers I read today the drugs start with in order:
H1/h2 blockers
Mast cell stabilizers / singulair
Pred
Immunosuppressants
Biologics

Wishing you the best on tuesday
As our dear DustyKat would say, Spot on mlp.:thumleft:
A lot of times ulcer meds are used. Which might explain the mystery of why her zantec worked all those months ago. We notice her stomach pain and acid reflex is starting up again. She's also be on claritin during spring time and YES she seem to improve a bit but not healed by any means.
Also paralysis of parts of the GI track have been reported with ME. Their by causing constipation instead of D. BTW, Grace is going on day four of NO BM!:thumbdown: Two nights ago was horrible for her abdominal pain. Last night no problems.:thumleft:

Today is our Labor Day here. A National Holiday. Off to go hiking and or to the sand dunes to climb a big pile of sand in blazing heat with a little girl who at the top of this sand mountain will say I have to go poo.:sign0085: I so don't want to do this.:yfaint:

Tesscorm

Staff member
Being a City Girl, we dodge bullets! :lol:

Now that the kids are older, I find we do much, much less!! :( When they were younger, there was always that motivation to do something fun with them, to keep them entertained, (hiking, beaches, parks) etc. It's something I really, really miss!!! It's too easy now to be 'lazy' or let 'errands' sidetrack your days.

But, I did join a hiking club in the spring and will again in the fall (didn't want to commit to the weekly schedule over the summer). Otherwise, as we live just 'outside' of Toronto (20-30 minutes), we often go into the city and 'explore' different neighbourhoods, go north to friends' cottages, not really an 'activity' but we socialize alot with friends, family (where the biggest activity is eating! :yfaint:)...

I'm also finding that there's been a bit of a 'change' in our lives over the past year or so and I'm looking for a new 'equilibrium' (thank god Crohnsinct isn't closer or it seems we'd be barhopping!! :lol:). The kids' have always kept us really busy with their sports (ie Emily would have 5 weekend tournaments every spring/summer) and Stephen would have the same over the winter plus all their games and practices but, now their sports have lessened and now they drive to practices, etc. so I'm finding hubby and I have more time to do things for ourselves... like the hiking club :)

:lol: Okay, I think I got totally sidetracked from your question but... sort of an answer :wink:

Thanks I was just wondering!

What is everyone else doing on Labor Day???
Crohnsinct will you be putting together an amazing "clean" BBQ????

crohnsinct

YES! We had ours yesterday (had to factor in recovery day)...every single item except the alcohol (a girl has her limits!) was 100% clean! And every course was 100% balanced...complex carb + protein. Our friends are now totally hooked on grass fed beef...Getting ready to post the recipe for dessert!

Missed my college girl terribly...first big event she wasn't there for. I even texted and told her we would pick her up and bring her back in the a.m. and she said no thanks too much work to do.

And I will have you know barhopping IS exercise...especially in the city when you have to walk blocks to the next bar...too dangerous at night to ride the subway.

Tesscorm

Staff member
Thanks for bringing this up, Farmwife!! Prompted me to look up the registrations!! Am registering for a recreational photography course and the Hiking club! :D

Hope your hike goes well and Grace doesn't decide to go poo right in the middle! Hope she has another pain free night.
You guys are putting me to shame again (along with my cooking) with all this hiking business. With my sore joints I cannot walk very far, so I have decided to try swimming again. Went today and did quite enjoy it, although I do tend to come out of the changing room purple from the heat which kinda defeats the purpose of a nice cool swim.

No go for the hike.
Grace an hour before we were to leave started sitting on the potty.
5 hours later she still off and on the potty. No poo but lots of bad pain.
I don't know how you guys take this? How long should I give this????
She did nap for an hour.
Hubby and son went out to town for lunch. That's good. My son needed some daddy time. The hubby picked up a suppository for Grace. Still waiting for him to get home.
I hope this happens soon so I can get the sample for the stool test. After she poo-poo I'm giving her Miralax.

my little penguin, we're still doing the stool test because the doc wanted to check for SIBO. That can be a secondary cause of something else like IBD. That way the Doc has something to show the GI. He was hoping for more proof of GI track problem, since her blood test doesn't interest (the GI) him.

My hubby just called and he'll be home soon. Next time I'd rather go hiking. Smack me next time I complain!

Tesscorm

Staff member
Farmwife, I may have mentioned this before and, really, I think you're so much 'up the ladder' in treatments, I'm not sure that this will be of any value :redface but...

when Stephen went through a time (think he was about 7, 8, 9???), we would periodically get constipated. Glycerin suppositories worked AMAZINGLY for him!!! He certainly didn't have the issues Grace is having but thought it would be worth mentioning. :ghug:

Glad you are a step closer to an answer! I hope you get your sample today and Grace gets some relief. I will read up on ME. Quite interested.

No Labor Day here. The kids had to go to school thanks to interference from the state. They made the school start and end dates different and forced counties to make up the days during the school year. So whole family is home, but Ryan is at school.

:dance::dance::dance: The Poo dancers are back!

Glycerin suppositories worked AMAZINGLY for him!!! :
Guess what my hubby picked up? Glycerin supp.:dance:
Yes they worked GREAT!!!
BUT................................:shifty:
They worked a little to good. Holding the collection cup under her, the poo SHOT out as if it was a bullet and completely knock the bowl and all the poo in the water. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!:rof:

However she still went a little, so I got enough off of that.:)
It will be mailed tomorrow!:dance:

Oh, goodness! And I thought I was the only one who things like this happened to. We've definitely had our share of shooting poo around here, but now I know to LAUGH next time instead of cry because it happens to others too!

crohnsinct

O.K. seriously Farmwife?! If you are going to be in the club you have to have the necessary tools! Do you not have a hat? The plastic thing that sits as an insert in the toilet and does the collecting for you. They are standard issue...along with a flashlight, slotted spoon, log book etc.

So glad she went and hope that she feels better now!

:rof::rof: I am just about to go to bed and now have a lovely image of shooting poo to take with me.
So glad she managed to go :dance: and you managed to collect enough to send away. Hope she has a good day after all that :)

Do you not have a hat? The plastic thing that sits as an insert in the toilet and does the collecting for you. They are standard issue...along with a flashlight, slotted spoon, log book etc.

QUOTE]

Flashlight check!:kiss:
Slotted spoon check!:kiss:
Log book check!:kiss:
Book next to the potty check!:kiss:
Mom's hand to hold check!:kiss:
Potty "hat" NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:voodoo:
My kids put the darnedest thing on there heads.:shifty:
Did you know that a girls potty seat can fit on a child's head.......:redface:
or did you know that a women's med. size sock can indeed fit over a boys head.:blush:
Yes I know those "hats" can be thrown away but.................
Letting my kids see something places in the potty brings me to fear of what they believe should go in the potty.:rof::rof::rof:

Glad you are one step closer to finding a dx. No hiking here yesterday, still too smokey from all the fires. I cleaned and reorganized the pantry, fridge, tupperware cabinet and medicine cabinet -been putting it off way to long!!! It was the only free time I'm likely to have for a while between football practice everynight and a game every saturday through October, then skiing season hits and it is up the mountain every weekend (although truth be told there are weekends my knee just hurts too bad :wink: that I must stay home all by myself and I certainly can't do any cleaning/organizing, you know because of the knee pain - I did have ACL replacement surgery several years ago) :lol:

(although truth be told there are weekends my knee just hurts too bad :wink: that I must stay home all by myself and I certainly can't do any cleaning/organizing, you know because of the knee pain :lol:
Jmrogers4

Well now thats not your fault. Poor thing to stay home by yourself. No extra clean up. No big meals to make or clean up. Poor thing you suffer so!:hug::rof: Let me now when this happens I will tell my hubby a friend has taken ill and I MUST go help her.:rof:

Farmwife - You're on! We can tell him that you can't leave me to waste away from not eating (although I could certainly not eat for several weekends and be in no danger of wasting away) and we don't have to tell him there are several restaurants in the area that deliver. After all I do live in the wilds of Idaho.:ybiggrin:

Yay for poo for Grace! What was that little thing again....:poop: :poop: See if that works...

Oh Mehita, you are definitely not the only one! I can't count the number of times I have cleaned the bathroom and wondered how in the world spots got where they are! "Are you even sitting on the toilet or just standing in the vicinity?"

I have been back tracking your threads and I just found this awesome updated one. Trying to catch up. Before I left I was reading as much as I could and didnt realize you had started a new thread while I was at camp. Oh well now I am all up to date. With all the old ones and this one. Duh.

The hat is a necessity. I steal a stack of them when Rowan goes in to the big H. I have none at the moment. Hoping I never need them again of course.

Yes Myreinhard this is my NEW thread but:shifty:................the old one is having a hard time dying off.:ybiggrin:

Just an update:
Grace did do some damage when she went poo last time.:frown: We decided to have an official meeting with the Doc and head nurse tomorrow. I like the fact that we can just walk in and talk to them briefly but I always feel bad for taking time away from other people.
Now given her injury she need to be examined.:thumbdown:

She's on twice a day Miralax now. She did go poo again to day but it still was horrible even though it was liquid stool. We ended up giving a suppository to her. Helped with in a minute. Still she struggled. Her appetite seems to be declining again.
:thumright:She's still been very happy, so I guess what more can I ask for.:thumleft:

my little penguin

Staff member
So glad you can get into the docs. Hope the miralax keeps things soft.
Glad she is still happy.
We will have DS on miralax till the end of time just too risky with his rectal prolapse .

No blood thank GOD. Well yet.:shifty:
To the extent of the damage I'm not sure yet.
I hope the doc will be able to tell.
She went poo again last night, two rounds of miralax to make that happen.:ywow:
She still was in much pain even though it was liquid.
Had to give the suppository to help her out.
Never again will I go 5 hours of her in pain on the potty again. :voodoo:
However this time the area looked better. Still not right but better

Well I best get off this computer and get my school together.
I decided to start two weeks later because of my surgery.
No sense in starting for a week, than taking a week off.
I still have to get all my supplies.
Now my blessing is I can get all the back to school stuff on sale!:dance:

They did tell me with the prolapse to no let them sit for to long on the toilet. Also to have something under her feet and a potty seat. Don't know if she sits on a regular toilet or not but we went and bought on of those rings that fits on the toilet.

Hope she has a better day. Did the doc and nurse have a look at the lump? Might have to try the glycerine suppository on Amy in the next couple of days, glad to hear it works.

Thanks Mary.
The doc said if we don't see daily improvement, which we have, that imagining has to be done.
He said that the prolapse wasn't that big.
Sure looked big from my end.:blush:
Any way it has gone way down and I hoping it will be gone for good.
The doc said she needs to have liquids to soft stool from now on.
Grace will have 3 servings of Miralax a day.:(

Lots more to say but I'm off for now. Sorry to leave you hanging!:kiss:

crohnsinct

Oh yeah cliff hangers...just another one of your ploys to get more hits as well all keep checking to see if anything new...I am onto you Farmwife!

Liquid and soft thoughts flowing your way...when are you gong to new GI?

Fine here's a fast summary to make our friend crohnsinct HAPPY!

Second opinion-Yes:dance:
ME-Yes possible:dance:
Prolapse-Wait and see:(
Blood Test-Back by Monday:)
Diet- SCD Diet- What is that and why don't I like it already?:shifty:
Stool Test-Back by next Friday:tongue:
Test-MRE :dance:and others?
Scope-No not yet. That's a GI call:(

Grace put on a half pound.:dance:
Happy crohnsinct:rof:

crohnsinct

Don't you remember? I am a grumpy old lady...I am never happy..at least according to forum lore.

Honestly, I will be happy when Gracie has a diagnosis and is on her way.

SCD..yes, that is how we came to clean diet. It looked too hard for me (and our GI and nutritionists opinion was just plain clean was good enough for O)..actually I just couldn't get past the marrow soup thing BUT I have read lots and lots of wonderful things about it and I think it is great that your doc is looking at nutrition to support Gracie's healing so score one for doc. :cheers:

Doc in support of a new GI...score 2 for doc. :cheers::cheers:

1/2 a pound...woohoo! Score lots for Gracie! :medal1:

Waiting for test results is what I do best...look up patience in the dictionaryand you see my picture. I just love waiting :whistleinnocently:

No it's a second opinion crohnsinct!
Plus Mott Child. has an MRE scan.
We just want to go to the guy that has the most experience with ME.
We'll travel a whole lot further if we had to.

Oh, is toxic mega colon common with IBD?
The doc is wondering about that now. Have no idea why.

I have been away for a couple of days. We went to Disney for labor day. We had bought a special ticket back inApril and had to use the rest of it. It was fun but we all got sick :(. I M starting to feel a little better. I am so glad you are starting to get some answers. I have been thinking of you all. My little one also has major issues going poo on and off soI know how rough it is when they sit there straining. It is just rough! I am glad she finally went and hopefully those answers will finally come!

crohnsinct

Oh so wait...you just go to Mott and see ME guy and get a diagnosis and treatment plan and then go back to the other guy who was willing to wait until Gracie wasted away to nothing writhing in pain on the floor to manage her going foward? Believe it or not, I might be down with that because with the dx and plan he will be forced to actually do something...I think....

Remind me to give O's doc a big hug next time I see him.

Catherine

My two cents worth.

Your daughter doctor is now board that there is something wrong with Grace which is great.

I think he may now looking in everything that could cause her symptoms (eg mega colon) and has started trying to rule things out. Maybe also a bit of him thinking out loud.

Rowan was tested for TMC a few times. They can determine by X-rays. It is a constipation issue. I can be pretty scary. I would think she would be much sicker if she had it though. Fevers are usually always present. They put Rowan on antibiotics to get things moving to avoid TMC. Hope all goes well. When are you supposed to get the second opinion?

Tesscorm

Staff member
Haven't been saying much... just quickly jumping in and out :eek: But, am thinking of Princess Grace and watching for your 'cliff hangers' and updates! :Karl:

crohnsinct

Clean diet is pretty much going unprocessed...eating foods how they were found in nature or extremely close to it. Makes it hard when it comes to cheese because it doesn't come out of the cow as cheese but come on! I am Italian. Cheese is a necessity of life for us...so I go to the cheese shop and get the most unprocessed I could find and we cut down...a lot! All Whole wheat breads etc. We have discovered lots of new grains, seeds, flours etc..having so much fun. I posted in the diet and nutrition section about it. We have had great results for every family member and their various issues...I have even been asked by my friends if I am using a new product on my face cause my wrinkles are fading and my skin tone and complexion looks great.

Glad to hear things are moving forward. Been dealing with a lot myself lately. Not feeling that great, but getting all sorts of different findings from different test and not done testing yet.

Hope the prolapse settles back down. MC can be caused by constipation and can make constipation worse. Visious cycle. Daughter has the MC and takes mega meds for mega constipation. She will be getting a motility study done at Johns Hopkins. Don't know which one yet nor do we know the date. The doc will call us in a week or so. Long story there.

Mega hugs and prayers coming your way, NL

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Bloody norah! I am on holidays and quickly losing touch cause there are so many threads to get through. I think to myself I will start at the bottom (how appropriate is that!) and work my way up but all the while this 'new' thread is fast getting 'old'! :eek2:

Seriously though, it is so good to hear that you may get getting some solid answers and relief for your little princess. :hug:

I know that timing can be critical with ME but please tell those F&%*ing doctors to stop fiddle fart arsing around and just do a bloody upper and lower scope! It's about bloody time they went in and had decent look, bless her. Hell, if they said everything looked normal would you be any worse off than you are now and at least it would give you some peace of mind either way. Doctor rant over. :ybiggrin:

Thinking of you, always. :heart:
Dusty. xxx

crohnsinct

YAY! YAY! YAY! Dusty has joined the scope party...now maybe farmwife will listen...see farmwife...Dusty agrees with me. I am not just being an impatient old bag...o.k. well yeah maybe I am in general but Dusty has just justified me...sad when I am relying on an old maid living in sin with no friends to justify me huh?

crohnsinct

Who is norah and why is she so bloody? Fiddle fart arsing! I like that one almost as much as that other saying...what was it again.....

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Dusty has just justified me...sad when I am relying on an old maid living in sin with no friends to justify me huh?
Well hush my puppies and prune my magnolia's! Too bloody sad if you ask me! :ylol:

Bloody Norah? She was some chick back in the 17th century that was a servant to some wealthy guy and she had a habit of killing other servants, one with a stick of celery no less! Jesus, they must have grown some pretty mean celery back then. I reckon you lot should be more inventive and discard the rolling pin and head to the veg instead.

Dusty. :cool:

Farmwife i agree with everyone Grace needs to be scoped
just keep nagging till they do it ..... i had the same problem with my daughter it took 8 months of practically begging the doctor for her to be scoped and i'm glad i did because her whole bowel was inflammed .. just keep pushing them

my little penguin

Staff member
I tenth that .
Only one visit was needed for my other son to get a scope as a rule out.
In fact even before dx only one visit then scope for DS.

YAY! YAY! YAY! Dusty has joined the scope party...now maybe farmwife will listen...see farmwife...Dusty agrees with me.

QUOTE]

:ywow:Oh dearest :heart:Dusty:heart: since I know you feel that way I'll jump right on it! If only had had another friend as wise as you that would show such care and tenderness toward my ONLY little girl. THANK YOU! To bad their's not more like you.:ybiggrin: (crohnsinct :ytongue:)

Susyzu my surgery is on this Tuesday. I keep telling my hubby I want to cancel but he says I need to be well for the tough days ahead. Him and his logic.:ybiggrin:

Update on Grace:
Horrible night last night. Bad knee pain. Pale as a ghost.
Her prolapse seems to be improving. She's having liquid stool now for two days. At least she's not backed up. She still has to push way more than should. I'll see if I should back off the miralax when I call the GP's office. I'm hoping the first part of her labs will be back. I'm interested what her LDH is at. It should have come down by know. :shifty:Her WBC I'm praying is not falling any further.:shifty:

To everyone's request of having her scope. I've never once said they couldn't. They didn't want to. I'm I to blame for not being pushy enough? Probably. But I'm the one to hold her as she cries and ask why she's in pain. I'm the one that makes sure all her meds and v-mins are given at the right time. I'm the one she has a death grip on as she's in pain on the potty. I'm the one rubbing her belly or joints as I try for hours to get her to sleep. I guess what I'm trying to type is I resent the fact the the MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS can't do there jobs. So now I have to take more of my time to do it. There my crabfest (new word) is over.:D
Y'all are better the therapist. I don't have to pay ya!:ybiggrin:

my little penguin

Staff member
Hugs
Fwiw the pain / prolapse did not go away until pred was introduced even with liquid stools for a month.
Hope she feels better soon.
Btdt with the crying tummy toilet joint pain.
Unfortunately that was when I would call and rant to the Gi nurse

Thanks mlp. My doc said she's at that in between age of a prolapse fixing it's self. I guess 4 yrs of age is the cut off age. Then after that the chances lesson to have it fix it's self.
I think it is improving. Thank God.

crohnsinct

First off LMAO..Thank God Dusty saved the day. :worthy:

Second...I hear ya sista on the surgery dilema...hard decision to make and I have decided to have it and regretted and then hold off and regretted. Goes with being a mom...can never make the right decision. What is the recovery time? Hubby is right (but don't let him know or word will get out and the balance of power for the sisterhood will go off) , you have to be 100% and strong for what is about to come...and since it doesn't seem like additional testing is coming next week if you could recover in time I say go for it. Do you have a good network you can rely on there? If not say the word and we will all decend upon country Michigan and show them who is boss!:tank:

As for the scopes...um yeah...when did you graduate med school? Where did you do your residency? How much do you get paid to make these decisions? You crabfest all you want it is totally warranted and deserved! Throw in a few stabbies...he always makes me feel better :voodoo::voodoo::voodoo:

So it was rectal prolapse? Yes about 4 was when my oldest had it...fixed itself.

:hang:

GREAT NEWS!:pika:
Grace's labs came back normal "enough".
I didn't question the "enough" and at this point I'm happy with that.

The stool test should be back by Friday of next week.

BAD NEWS,:confused2:
Grace is starting to act as if she's getting back up even though she's on two big doses of Miralax.

Still her labs are better. :pika:
:emot-waycool:My bubble might be able to be put back together by Sunday

Wow, turn my back for a second and you're onto page 3 of this thread!! :eek:
Sorry Grace is still not feeling great but yay for almost normal blood tests!
Good luck for your surgery - yes I too agree it is best for you to get it over with and up to full strength so you can deal with everything. Holding fingers and thumbs that the prolapse continues to get better.

Im with your hubby - you need to have the surgery asap so you get back to 100% health so you can be there for Grace. Glad her bloodwork was normal 'enough' but not glad she is still in pain. I hope the weekend goes ok. xxxx

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Why didn't you use the...:crab:...when you had your crabfest! :ylol2:

Good to hear that your little princesses bloods are okayish and I hope that bloody prolapse goes back to where it belongs! :voodoo:

What's the problem??? You are a Mother, nurse, teacher, sex goddess, domestic goddess, taxi driver, hairdresser, chef, bank teller and no doubt some sporting coach so why shouldn't you be a doctor! :D

Good luck with your surgery hun...sending loads and loads and loads of love, luck and healing thoughts your way...:goodluck: and :getwell:

Dusty. :Karl:

Just a quick update before the craziness of my day begins.
Grace is having a good two days. Which is a blessing.:thumleft:
I didn't want to head into my surgery having a sick kid.
She did have slight back pain off and on yesterday but nothing that held her back. :thumbdown:
Her Miralax is still working at two half cap fulls a day. Her prolapse is completely back up and only causes SLIGHT problems during BM's. Hey I'll take it.:thumright:
Hopefully on Thursday or Friday I'll hear about the stool test. :shifty-t:

I'm off to clean my house top to bottom. My mom:sign0085: will be helping around here for a day or two. She is the kind of woman to look through my cabinets or under my couch to see if I'm living up to her standers. I figure if she starts to complain after my surgery I'll pop some more pills.:ylol: Still I'm thankful for her help and my twin is going to help out to.
After recovery time, my family and I will be "eating clean diet" I know that's shocking but I think that will work best for all of us. crohnsinct says we can do this. So will give it our farm hill best.:thumright:
I mean if a city girl can do it, we should have no problem at it, RIGHT?:cool:

So good-bye for a few days and I hope every one does well.:rosette2:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Thanks for the update hun. :)

It is so fab too read that your little princess is doing well at present! May it keep on keeping on! :) What a relief for you...:hug:

Sending loads of love and luck for your surgery. You will be in my thoughts hun and you will be sorely missed whilst you are away! Good luck and I hope you have a speedy and uneventful recovery. :goodluck:

Dusty. xxx

Good luck with your surgery! Sending my prayers your way. Hoping all goes smooth and you have. A fast recovery! Glad Grace is feeling better too.

Tesscorm

Staff member
Good luck Farmwife!!!! Hope all goes well and you're home and 'good as new' in no time!!!

Am glad Grace is feeling better!!! :D

But, reading your post, what struck me was "OMG, there are two of you!?!?!?" :lol:

We'll miss you! Hurry back! :ghug:

crohnsinct

So glad Grace is having an easier time. I hope it gets better and better.

Good luck with the surgery and recovery!!!! We will be praying for you.

Eating clean? ...see I am really your idol and you want to be just like me!

All went well for my surgery.:D
I'm up and moving (slowly) today.
Grace has had some great days also.
Her loss of bladder happened a few time and yes I notice the two doses of miralaxare not working as well. I'll up her to three.:voodoo: Hopefully by Friday :wink:I'll hear something from the doc about the fancy stool test.

Oh yes my mom come over and total cleaned out my entry way. :dance:I love that woman!!!:heart:

YAY!! glad that nasty old gallbladder is long gone and glad it all went ok! I hope you are able to take it easy and don't have to take too many drugs ;)
Glad Grace is ok and hope the TID miralax does the job.
Send you get well thoughts xxxxxxxx

Tesscorm

Staff member
Happy all went well for you and Grace is doing better! Woohoo!! :banana:

Hope you get some rest for a few days!! :ghug:

Glad it went well!! Wishing you a very speedy recovery :ybiggrin: Hope the extra Miralax does the trick for Grace.

Glad you are surgery went well, hope recovery is quick and painless! So glad to hear Grace has had some great days and the miralax increase helps her out!

Glad your surgery went well and Grace is doing better!

Glad you got your entry cleaned. Maybe your Mom could come to my house...

Yes y'all can have my mom.

I'll set the first bid at 1000,00.

My mom is a take it as is package.:soledance:

Meaning if she looks at your hubby and tries to give explicit detail on how to make more babies you can't return her.:eek:

Or if she goes through your medicine cabinet and tells everyone your a drug dealer you have to keep her.:blush:

Maybe she'll start to clean your house and find your under-ware door and then tell everyone you might have some "Poo-poo or Balder issues". But it's OK she'll tell every one because she bleached your under-ware for you. :DRemember you have to keep her.:ywow:

I'm still recovering. Now my belly button hurts like the dickens. Knowing how things go I'll be the one with a hernia. GREAT!

Grace is well but she might be heading for another impaction.:ywow: Poor girl.
I'm off to bed. Still trying to put myself back together. It might take years.:D

crohnsinct

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!! Yipee! Almost 9:00 a.m. Do you have your phone ready to call the doc to get results from the fancy pants stool test? I am going out for a while but will be checking when I get back (obsession and all) so make sure you call...

Sorry about the belly button. Hope it settled down overnight.

Last edited:

Tesscorm

Staff member
Too funny about your mom! :lol: I already have one like that! :eek: I can't begin to tell you how many of our conversations start with her saying "now don't get mad, I'm only giving you my opinion..." :yfaint:

I hope you're feeling better soon! :ghug: And, hopefully, Grace continues to feel well and NO impaction is brewing!!!!

Crohnsinct - quick drive to Magnolia's?? ;)