• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Living overseas/back packing with humira

I intend on going away as soon as I finish my degree in 6 months time for an undisclosed amount of time but ideally well over a year (I understand I will have to come back to Australia annually to refill my script [if I stay on humira]).

Hypothetically, I have relatives in the UK which could be a safe spot for me in leaving my humira supply at, but still would like to travel to other countries for months at a time.

In which case are there any travel fridge packs these days that I can ensure are at a constant temperature ie battery operated (can someone invent one if not?), or do I have to stick to the cooler pack and ensure that I change the ice every 8-12 hours?

Furthermore, what's the maximum amount of months I can fill out the script for my humira?

Lastly, are there any (effective + low side effects) medications that don't need refrigeration or are cheaper that I may be able to afford to pay for overseas? Not interested in imuran or prednisolone so don't mention that but I am not up to date with current crohn's treatment.

The best company I have found for transporting humira injections (Aus based) is MedActiv. You can look up their website, I use their iCool MediCube for transporting the pens on long haul flights - can keep injections cold for 36 hours. I can't help with the other questions sorry!