• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Loading dose of Humira for Crohn's & arthritis

I am soon to start Humira (whenever the prior authorization is approved) for my Crohn's and arthritis (spondyloarthropathy). Just wanted to see if anyone else has been put on Humira for both of these and if so what loading dose did you start with - the Crohn's of 4-2-1 pens every 2 weeks or for arthritis which starts out with just 1 every 2 weeks?

Hi Sunshine,

I'm not sure if I can really help you because I only have Crohn's but I recently started Humira. Two weeks ago I learned how to give myself the first four shots and this Friday I will give myself the next two. And then one shot every other week (sounds like the Crohn's routine you mentioned). I hope you get some answers soon and approval--it was so tough waiting for that! If you don't mind me asking, are you receiving Humira assistance? I am and appreciate it very much. Let me know how things go and what you find out. Since my first doses I have learned a few "tricks" to the shots, I'm going to try them on Friday :)