• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Lomotil and vomiting

No diagnosis yet - nothing obvious on colonoscopy, waiting on biopsies.

Having diarrhea several times a day still, and a few weeks ago was given Lomotil for "bad" days and/or days when I was going to be out and about a good deal.

The first few times I took it, it slowed the D down enough that I could function in society for the 6 hours a dose is supposed to last, and then the D would start right back up again. I was fine with that result.

Fast forward to this weekend. My daughter does competitive dance and gymnastics, and we had both this weekend - 2 12+ hour days where I needed to be there to help with costume and hair changes. So, Saturday morning, I took my regular dose of Lomotil, but still ended up in the bathroom half of the day vomiting.

What is up with that??

Sunday I decided to just deal with the D - no fun, but you get fewer odd looks and questions in the restroom for that during competition than you do for puking.

But now I'm scared of the Lomotil in general!

Anyone else ever experienced this?

nogutsnoglory

I didn't have that problem on Lomotil but if you took it a few times and were ok maybe it wasn't the drug. I understand you are afraid to try it again but maybe have Zofran on hand if you get nausea or vomiting.