• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Long time no see fellow undiagnosed peeps!

So.. I'm back. Hello again!
Only this time I am pregnant! (still early days @8wks) .

Where do I begin..? I have been really well controlled over the last couple of years with the odd blip here and there. I was last seen by a gastroenterology about 3 years ago??

Well.. Since being pregnant, my guts have well and truly fallen out with me and is really not my friend. The old right sided pain is back (very tender to touch). And no matter what I eat (if I can eat).. Within 1 hour, it's straight through me and sometimes undigested (I have seen actual leaves from my salad. Sorry tmi)

Waaahhh! Saw the gp today who has ordered bloods. But it's so frustrating :(

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Bozzy!! :D Welcome back! Congrats on the pregnancy (your daughter is so adorable from the photos you post on facebook, I'm sure this one will be a cutie patootie as well!). That stinks though that your guts are already this angry at only 8 weeks. I believe you said your first pregnancy was pretty rough guts-wise as well?

You know very well that nothing is TMI on the forum. If it makes you feel any better, I've never been pregnant but I've also seen undigested salad leaves in my toilet, salad in general is just not easy to digest. I find that for me, it goes much easier if I have some soft white bread along with my salad - I think the softness and low-residue-ness of the bread helps "cushion" the roughness of the salad and helps it at least move through me more easily and causes less pain/symptoms that way.

I hope you can get things under control and have a reasonably easy pregnancy. Keep us posted on what your bloodwork results are. How's everything else, is your brain staying put since your chiari surgery? (Maybe I phrased that badly but you know what I mean!) ;) What about your joints, has your bad knee been okay?

Hey cat! Yes my guts were bad last time too (although I was really claims/sweaty that time).

My brain is good thanks - managed to pass my pharmacy technician course to a double distinction!! So definitely fine :p

My joints have felt amazing since I've been pregnant. So at least that is one thing going well!

I've got a follow up gp appointment tomorrow.. So I should get those results then and will keep you updated.

How are you anyway? Xx

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Me, I've been really up and down lately. Currently dealing with a nasty internal hemmie which has been causing a lot of rectal bleeding so that's fun. :p Still going to the gym as often as I can, you know me. Although of course the gym is on hold right now as I don't want to make this hemmie any angrier, plus the blood loss has really drained my energy and made me feel crummy so I have to heal up from this first before I can go back to lifting weights. I'm just kind of taking things day by day as I never know what my body will throw at me next. My GI thinks I'm in remission but I'm very skeptical of that. My health was not such a crazy rollercoaster like this back when I was in remission a couple years ago.

That's great that your joints are doing so well! And your brain of course too, that's wonderful. Congrats on becoming a pharmacy technician, I know you really wanted to do that and I remember when you started taking classes for it - you've clearly worked very hard to get to where you are now. And I imagine it has to be far better than the call center job you were doing! Ha ha.

Good luck with your follow-up, I hope you get the answers you're looking for and that nothing is too bad & can be safely treated with no risks to your baby. I imagine treating a flare is just that much tricker when you've got a little fetus to worry about as well!