• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Long Tough Road!

I am new to the forum and don't really know how these work. Here is my story. When I was about 12 years of age I was diagnosed with Crohns. Two weeks after I was diagnosed I had my first colon resection. I was then in the hospital for a month and a half. I ended up getting out and was put on a huge dose of steroids. When I went back to school I was made fun of as a child because I had such big cheeks. I was fine for a few years then ended up getting very sick again. Same process as the first time. I feel like I have gone through every test there could possible be out there. Well after being in the hospital that time (at that time I was 16), I made it till I was 20 years of age. At that time I ended up having surgery and having a colostomy bag put in. I then had it reversed 3 months later. All and all I was feeling pretty good till August of this year. I was then put in the hospital and have procedure after procedure and then I had an Ileostomy bag put in. I have a fistula and they are trying to get those to close up. I am hoping that with this ileostomy bag I will be done with the surgeries and I can finally be happy with my boyfriend. :kiss:

Long tough road is an understatement. I hope you have a good support system of friends and family for the tough times to help you through. Best wishes to you, and I hope you feel better soon!

nogutsnoglory

I share your pain. I feel like I have had every test multiple times. I feel like a lab rat being experimented on by doctors who are just guessing as to what might work. It's so frustrating and we have no control but we just need to keep hope that the right fix will be in place.