• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Looking for a friend

A brief look into my story:

I experienced a horrible perianal abscess 9 months ago. The healing process has been excruciatingly slow. The wound healed up within about a month, but the cavity below the skin took much, much longer. So, here I am today. I noticed a dark blemish on my scar the other day and, of course, panick ensued. Today I noticed blood around the area. I'm all but positive I have a fistula. I've got a good CRS, so at least there's that. He wants to get me in for an EUA, but that won't be for at least another month. Any of your comments / stories would be greatly appreciated. Also, any advice on keeping this thing from abscessing again would also be greatly appreciated. I'm feeling fairly depressed about all of this, and all I want is my life normal life back. I should note that I do not believe I have ibd, but my CRS is going to do a colonoscopy on me, anyway. Thanks, all.