• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Looking for info

Hi all. Looking to get some information about Crohn's and Colitis. I am waiting for an appt with a gastro for a colonoscopy. Been having symptoms since December from mucousy stool, blood (I think) in my stool, one reading of elevated white blood cells, irregular bowel movements, canker sores, etc. All this not all at the same time however, the more I research, the more I am prone to thinking I might have this. My paternal grandmother had it and I'm not sure if this is hereditary.

Can anyone give me a heads up is these are some of the symptoms they had? I have had blood work done twice and once had elevated white blood cell count and once with elevated levels with liver functions but not at the same time.

Any info would be appreciated!

Welcome. I have had bloody stools at various times. I also have had canker sores recently. There are other symptoms I have had. IBD can be hereditary sometimes bit not always. I hope you get answers soon