• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Looking for name of a crohn's-like condition

I've talked to people Dx with it but I don't know the name.

It's a condition that presents like crohn's / IBD but it's caused by a circulatory problem in the gut / intestines.

I want to do more research on it as I have some evidence that makes me believe it may be a possible explanation for my personal condition.

Scipio

Circulatory problem? Mesenteric ischemia maybe? That's impaired circulation to the gut usually due to clogging up of the gut arteries similar clogging of the coronary arteries in heart disease. It happens but it's pretty rare.

Circulatory problem? Mesenteric ischemia maybe? That's impaired circulation to the gut usually due to clogging up of the gut arteries similar clogging of the coronary arteries in heart disease. It happens but it's pretty rare.
That might be it, but certainly seems unlikely due to the duration of it and no mention of food intolerance.

Trying to understand other reasons that blood pressure stimulants seem to improve my symptoms. (like caffeine, tribulus)

emmaaaargh

Staff member
Could it be Behçet's disease? That's an autoinflammatory condition affecting the blood vessels.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hmmm.....not something I knew about until a couple of weeks ago - but look up Nutcracker Syndrome (I posted about it last week I think).....

My Mom was recently diagnosed with it, and it took a vascular surgeon to put all the dots together - abdominal discomfort/pain/IBS/IBD symptoms as well as renal symptoms....