• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Looking for open minded GI in Boston

Hi, I'm in Boston area. I'm looking for second opinion with my Crohn's. I would like to find a doctor who is open minded to different treatments and not afraid to experiment.

Scipio

My suggestion is to go to GIs who specialize in IBD rather than to general GIs. Both Mass General and Beth Israel Deaconess have active IBD centers or programs.

One doc I have heard of at Beth Israel is Adam Cheifetz, MD. I haven't met him, so I don't know whether he open-minded to new treatments in the way you are seeking. But I do know he is an active researcher trying to improve Crohn's care, so he may be worth a shot. Or perhaps you can peruse the interests and specialties of the medical staffs at the two IBD centers and see of any of the other docs sounds like what you are looking for.

My suggestion is to go to GIs who specialize in IBD rather than to general GIs. Both Mass General and Beth Israel Deaconess have active IBD centers or programs.

One doc I have heard of at Beth Israel is Adam Cheifetz, MD. I haven't met him, so I don't know whether he open-minded to new treatments in the way you are seeking. But I do know he is an active researcher trying to improve Crohn's care, so he may be worth a shot. Or perhaps you can peruse the interests and specialties of the medical staffs at the two IBD centers and see of any of the other docs sounds like what you are looking for.
Thank you. Yes, I am working on getting g appointment at MGH.