• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Looking for suggestions

I was diagnosed with Crohns in October last year, I had 3 Infliximab infusions, last one 3 months ago, I stopped them as Crohns went into remission and my hair has fallen out by the handful, I don't want to have any more Infliximab's but Im flaring now and Im looking for suggestions - ie. what do sufferers take that helps their Crohns, not necessarily medication, what helps you?
Thanks my fellow Crohnies x

I was diagnosed with Crohns in October last year, I had 3 Infliximab infusions, last one 3 months ago, I stopped them as Crohns went into remission and my hair has fallen out by the handful, I don't want to have any more Infliximab's but Im flaring now and Im looking for suggestions - ie. what do sufferers take that helps their Crohns, not necessarily medication, what helps you?

Thanks my fellow Crohnies x

Hi there,

I read this the other day regarding the hair loss. I thought it might help you to make a decision if the hair loss is the reason you stopped the infliximab.

http://dansharpibd.org/telogen-effluvium/

I had quite bad hair loss when I started azathioprine but to be fair it has died down now. I thought the above article made a lot of sense.

Best of luck, please don't suffer and get in touch with your GI team if you're struggling x

A very interesting article, not sure how accurate it is though, I did notice a little more hair coming away before being diagnosed but nothing significant, I waited so long for a hospital consultation that I eventually got admitted to hospital in January, my potassium levels were very low by that point and I was almost suffering from malnutrition and lost 2 stone, I was then given steroids and Infliximab but it wasnt until about 2 months later it started really coming out. I think it has slowed down now, Im taking Biotin daily and switched to paraben and SLS free shampoo, will see how it goes. Thanks for responding X