• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Looking for the right forum

Hi, i'm brand new to this. Have been diagnosed with Crohn's, but i believe it was surgically induced, having had 7 abdominal surgeries for other things. I'm trying to decide what to do at this point. i'm on Pentasa, and the docs would like me to go on Methotrexate. i'd like to see what i can do about diet, but the posts here on diet are contradictory, and i understand it can be very individualized. I can go months without a problem, then have a real bad episode of pain. Or several episodes of pain in a row. i wonder if there are others like me, and what you do about it. Thanks for any help or support you can offer, especially which forum(s) would be appropriate for me to post on and/or read.

Hello mal-ileus. Welcome to the forum. everybody is different, what is good for some is bad for another. You need to keep a food journal and see what is a trigger for you. There is the Diet, fitness and supplement Forum. Hope you get in remission soon. You can ask questions in any forum you like and somebody will try to answer them.

rygon

The food and diet section is really good, with a sticky at the top showing what peoples safe and problematic foods are. That should give you and idea of where to start.

It may be worth trying the drug to get you in remission, which will help get you sorted as you try different diets, but there are people on here who do not take any drugs and rely on their diet only (although this can be dependant on the person, and how bad their crohns is)