• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Lots of hair loss- advice please :/

- so iv posted on a humira post regarding hair loss, but thought people with crohns in general may have some advice, as I just read Bre had hair loss with aza as well-
So for months now iv had a LOT of hair loss. To the point I don't have much hair left. Not worried its major for several reasons- including I can easily gain weight, feel healthy physically, and in general feel fine fine besides some crohns and candida. But my gi said its due to not enough nutrientce, and just wondering if many of you with crohns have this problem. My gp says its normal to loose hair in cycles, and iv had a lot of ekzma on the scalp, for which he has prescribed a steroid lotion. I also take folic acid, and a really good multi vitamin but otherwise, it hasn't made any diff to the hair loss. I'm not taking fish oil, and was for a while, and that's all that's any diff, but that can't affect hair can it? Not sure wether in general if your crohns isn't really flaring (I read on here and my gi said white blood cells can go up with crohns flares), that its still normal to have so much hair loss- or wether its just humira?!?!
Any of you have any advice on anything vitamin etc that helps, or advice in general, I'd much appreciate it :////

Ps- I have low iron- my gi,s secretary called me to say I need an iron infusion, but she didn't say it was urgent, so I said some time in January is fine, as its nearly Xmas- and she said that's fine. If it were very low surely she would have said its urgent yea?- I just read online how low iron can affect hair, but a couple months ago I had blood tests- I think iron too- no probs with blood tests, and was loosing hair?!?! So I don't know wether it may be iron.... I guess if I get an iron infusion in jan and have no more hair loss, any time there after I have hair loss again I'll be asking for a blood test :/