• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Lots of medicine

I've had crohns for 25 years. My body is starting to wear down now. I have arthritis, restless leg and now high blood pressures long with my crohns. Which means I'm on a lot of medicine and the doctors keep adding to it! I'm on Humira. Blood pressure medicine, Celebrex, methotrexate, mirapex and omeperazole. And then we have all the vitamins and diuretics. I feel like crap all the time. I had surgery in 97 and they took 10 inches of my intestine. I know I don't have the worse case of crohns and I'm sorry for the ones that fight this battle every day. I battle it also. But now my battle is getting older and fighting the things it's done to my body over the years. I feel like they just keep piling the meds on me and I don't know if I am taking too much! Anyone else have a similar issues?

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry for all you have been through. Your question might be a good one for your GP.

Msmith,
Sorry you are feeling like crap. I don't know how old you are, but Aging is hard work.
I too have felt like this. I still struggle, but I am feeling better. I started exercising and it helps my mood and body. I also started taking my diet very serious and started eating organic, which I believe has also helped. It is a journey, finding what does and doesn't work for my body.
It is a daily struggle, I work full time and it is hard to find the time and energy, but I don't want to let it get ahead of me. Good luck to you.

Thanks for replying back! I am 51! And yes I am switching my GP and trying to start with a clean slate! I also work full time but have been contemplating disability. I love my job and have been doing it for twenty years. But it is almost getting impossible to do anything without hurting all the time. And as far as excercising I am exhausted when I get home in the afternoon as I know you probably are to. I guess it's a matter of forcing yourself to do it!