• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Lots of Pain, Burning, and Heavy Pressure

Some days, I stay soooo busy that I don't allow myself the time to listen to how my body feels. These last several months so much has happened within my family that I have to put myself on the back burner. I work full-time teaching still, but I am beginning to take on a part-time job as well, as our finances have increased so much, medical bills, heating cost, life...

Lately, however, the pain has increased so much. As the title states, I have such a burning feeling in the lower right side and in my pelvic area as well as heavy pressure. I know I have adhesions, and when I had surgery to clean some of that up a couple years ago, my surgeon stated that my small intestines were extensively plastered to my pelvic region. He left that area alone due to the complexity of the clean-up and complications that could arise. He stated he weighed the benefits to the pain, and since the pain in this area was minimal at that time, he left it alone. Wondering if it could be that. I had an appointment with my GI last week and I have to submit a sample for a fecal calprotectin test. He didn't order other labs this time. I see my endo. today and he always orders lots of tests, so I am curious to see results. My bowel habits have changed from ALWAYS D to back and forth with D to C, and C never happens, until the last month. There were no real changes to my dietary habits that has caused these changes. The pain feels like PMS/ovarian cysts, except I had a hysterectomy when I was 28. Not a lot of bleeding in my bowels, minimal at best right now.

I take max daily dose of Apriso and Entocort (beginning month four for Entocort), and just added Miralax back to prevent more fissures - taking my first dose today so it's not like I am bouncing back and forth from Bentyl and lomotil to Miralax to cause the back and forth of D and C. I take Bentyl for all the insane spasms when I am not C, as well as lomotil as needed. I also take Dexilant for the Gerd. But that is all I am currently taking for my IBD. Least I've taken in a long time.

So, ALL that to ask for advice...have any of you continuously feel these symptoms?? Until I submit the stool sample, there's not a lot that can be done I am assuming. I submit that today, when I go to my endo appt - all in the same hospital. Just not sure about all this other than something just doesn't "feel" right. And this pain, geez...