• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Low-Residue Superbowl snacks/food

Howdy McDoody!

Sooo, 'tis superbowl this sunday and was looking for some tip top tips for food that is "kinda" low-residue.

I have usually had a big American foodstuffs snack-fest ordered in especially from the US (yes postage is expensive!) such as BBQ chilli, hotdogs, cheetos, peanut butter M&M's, root beer for root beer floats, etc etc.

This year I find myself on a low-residue diet (SUCKS!) and I have no idea what I could eat to make me feel all "superbowl-y".

Any foodie tips guys 'n' gals? I gotta get me a feast on! :emot-dance:

Hot dogs, pretzels, cheetos, that's all already low residue, but it will also depend on your IBD.

I'm actually shocked that anyone over there watches the Superbowl. All I usually read on the net is how much the rest of the world hates "American Football" (or as well call it, football, your football is our "soccer")...I'm impressed.

Basketball is still the better sport, IMO, but I love the Superbowl (not this years, lol, long story about fan affinity)...

What the heck is "bbq chilli" ...you mean you add BBQ sauce to chilli, is that common over there or is that something someone from the US showed you guys? I've never heard of that. Are peanut butter M & M's thought to be an American thing over there? You guys don't have them? Or are we assumed to be PB lovers? :)

You forgot bratwursts, hamburgers and some sort of nacho/taco dip with tortilla chips (usually made in a casserole dish, and the chips are to dip into the mix, made with cream cheese, shredded cheddar/Mexican style cheeses, salsa, etc...) though that last one isn't so low residue...Those are classics around here in the midwest for Superbowl or actually most casual parties.

I love American Football! Although when getting ready to watch on Sundays I tend to shout "Foootbaaawwwwwllll"

We get pretty good coverage from some of the TV channels here, although it gets more coverage when the superbowl is on. I'm also in a couple of fantasy leagues, so I like to think I know my stuff :)

I so called the colts saints superbowl about 2 months ago, should have placed a bet!

Have tried basketball, baseball and hockey, but I just can't seem to get into them as much as football. I guess its because football is more of an event as there are so fewer games in a season.

Thanks for the food ideas. Didn't know hot dogs were low-res, thats excellent news :D Yay! CHEETOS!!

yeah, we don't get peanut butter m&m's here :( we get the odd reeses cups thing but you gotta search a bit to find who stocks them. I think its fair to say more people here probably think you guys have peanut butter everyday and a new jar is delivered to each home by the government every week... lol

BBQ chilli is more of a thing i do personally, i had a really good BBQ sauce with a bull with longhorns on the front, forget the name now, but it was the best sauce ever.

GO SAINTS!!

Is it wrong to be so excited this soon?! :ybatty:

"but I love the Superbowl (not this years, lol, long story about fan affinity)..." --- You're still going to watch the game though, right!? :eek2:

Dunno if it's low residue

but I oven bake chicken wings
I put em in a Pyrex tray with a very very light amount of olive oil in the bottom jus enough too stop em sticking
they come out nice n crispy yet not dripping in oil
( I put em on a cake cooling rack in oven for last 5 mins or so too remove excess oil)
that's my nawty snack I guess

Rob said:
Dunno if it's low residue

but I oven bake chicken wings
I put em in a Pyrex tray with a very very light amount of olive oil in the bottom jus enough too stop em sticking
they come out nice n crispy yet not dripping in oil
( I put em on a cake cooling rack in oven for last 5 mins or so too remove excess oil)
that's my nawty snack I guess

Mmmm :yfaint: that sounds good!!

Yea they are
jus cover em in alfoil for the first part of the cookin so the don't dry out
then remove it to make em go crispy once they almost done

failing that if I'm in a bad flair but want chicken the ol George Forman grilled chicken breast goes down well too lol

Ohh, that sounds like KC Masterpiece, it's from Kansas City (hence KC) and is a very popular BBQ sauce. That one and Sweet Baby Ray's are very flavorful, but I've never had them in chilli. You should also try it on burgers, hot dogs, fries (chips to you) etc...you'd be surprised how versatile BBQ sauce is. I even eat it on tuna from the can.

Oops, well, I think KC has a longhorned bull on them at least...I have seen that one too.

Kraft owns a ton of brand names, they're huge.

Yea they own vegemite too but since being American owned they've toned - whimped down the taste.
So not on lol

I just enjoy the commercials (most of them are so funny) and being with and seeing everyone else get so excited while watching the game if I get invited to someones home to watch it. Last year I went to the movies with my friend instead.

Ohhh! I dont get to see the commercials living in the UK :( will watch them all after on youtube though! hehe

Hope you enjoy it this year :thumleft:

I hope you enjoy it as well ! Another good website for the commercials is Hulu.com I believe that it was mentioned that they will be on there also.

Love Reeses Pieces (peanut butter m&ms). Janis makes her own BBQ sauce course she doesn't care for to many of the others.

Veggie pizza is something I like. All the veggies are grated so it is a lot easier to digest. NO CORN She uses califlower, broccilli, carrots, chives, puts it on Pillsbury criossants rolled out on a cookie sheet. You have to bake the dough before adding the other stuff. Once the dough is cooled off she mixes sour cream and an envolope of ranch dressing mix together, spreads that on the cooked dough and than spreads out the veggies.
Some people add corn and tomatoes. You can pretty much add what ever you like.

GO SAINTS!!!!!!!