• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Lump next to seton

Hi,

I had a perianal abscess last year and a seton fitted this year in January. I was supposed to have my check up with my surgeon but had to cancel due to the coronavirus lockdown. I have now had a little lump next to the seton. It's painful to the touch and looks like a blister (the best way I can describe it) I'm worried that it's another track or something and will require another seton! This one has been beyond painful and the recovery took a while. I'm a cleaner and have 4 children so hate being off my feet and in pain, but I'm dreading the worst. I really want to exercise but it is so sore I can't do much at all. Any advice?

I have had pockets like lumps near seton on the outside. Its a collection of the draining from fistula. Sometimes if the fistula output is a bit thick -it's possible to happen,. Sit's baths as many as you can will do can help, if they do not help, you may need to see a colo rectal surgeon to evacuate - drain that pocket. it's so uncomfortable with the knot. I am having my seton replaced with a smooth seton - no knots. just smooth rubber tube with male to female connection. Its called smooth seton and it took me almost a year to have my surgeon to agree and try. Hopefully in a next few weeks i will get it put in.

Attachments

Hi,

I had a perianal abscess last year and a seton fitted this year in January. I was supposed to have my check up with my surgeon but had to cancel due to the coronavirus lockdown. I have now had a little lump next to the seton. It's painful to the touch and looks like a blister (the best way I can describe it) I'm worried that it's another track or something and will require another seton! This one has been beyond painful and the recovery took a while. I'm a cleaner and have 4 children so hate being off my feet and in pain, but I'm dreading the worst. I really want to exercise but it is so sore I can't do much at all. Any advice?
hi! Can you tell me what this ended up being? Did it go away?? I’m in a similar situation
Thank you!!

Hi, I got the same kind of situation. I turned the seton and brought both the knots of the seton outside my skin. it stopped hurting after that and the bump became less sore. Contact your CRS about this he/she might give you a solution. In my case, the bump originated because of the knot pressing inside my body, which was making it worse.

Just in my humble opinion, I’d question the scientific evidence on zits baths. They help hemorrhoids (pain, spasms) everything else is questionable in my eyes. Key is to keep clean, shower is suffice and dry.

In my opinion lump could be abscess, if pain and discomfort or infection symptoms - I’d get seen promptly.

I have not had the seton, have had fistulotomy which healed.