• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Lump next to seton

Hi,

I had a perianal abscess last year and a seton fitted this year in January. I was supposed to have my check up with my surgeon but had to cancel due to the coronavirus lockdown. I have now had a little lump next to the seton. It's painful to the touch and looks like a blister (the best way I can describe it) I'm worried that it's another track or something and will require another seton! This one has been beyond painful and the recovery took a while. I'm a cleaner and have 4 children so hate being off my feet and in pain, but I'm dreading the worst. I really want to exercise but it is so sore I can't do much at all. Any advice?

Sounds like another abscess forming. Have any cortisone handy? I had to Google what a seton was. Yikes! Have your doctors discussed going with a colostomy solution?