• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Lyme treatment and Humira

Just diagnosed with Lyme disease after pretty bad joint pain headaches etc. Typical symptoms. Going in tomorrow to discuss treatment options. Anyone have experience with Crohns meds and Lyme antibiotics? Specifically Humira? Thanks

Anything that lowers your immunity is going to allow the Lyme disease to run rampant. There is a small group of lyme disease patients that develop Crohns as a result of the borellia infection. Lyme disease lowers your immune response which can allow other pathogens to get a foot hold in your body.

My wife has Lyme disease and I am the one who has treated that and the two coinfections that came along with it. I also treat my own Crohn's disease.

It is pretty likely you have also picked up a coinfection with the Lyme. I would get tested for Bartonella and Babesia and those are just the more common coinfections. There are others.

A Lyme literate Doctor is also a good idea (LLMD)

A short course of antibiotics will not resolve the disease unless you have been infected in the last couple of weeks. That is the typical treatment and it is inadequate.

Good luck.

Dan