• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Making plans is hard !

Any body have a hard time making plans. Like weddings, family get to gather? I do! It hard to hear people make plans real fast. And i cannot respond. Be cause i do not. know how ill feel. And what foods they have i cannot eat. It hurts! Eat drink and be merry! Even funerals are hard if i have to go to the bathroom a lot! People invite my husband he says yes to everything. he say to me its ok you cannot go if you feel not up to it! Then my husband would tell me. Hey! they all ask about you! I feel so left out! I cry! I miss out on life ! Social events hurt! Like to hear from you guys! :ghug: Maria

nogutsnoglory

Yes I totally agree. I barely know how I'll feel from minute to minute nevermind plans for next week, month etc. it's very frustrating and upsetting to be and affects my social life because others can't really relate.

Hello, I have had to cancel so many things because of this disease. Sometimes others don't get it and they think I am just making something up because I don't want to do something and that is not it. I have lost "friends" due to this. On the other hand people that really know me do understand.

Just another wonderful thing about crohn's. I have adjusted my thoughts to accept many things that I would have not been able to handle otherwise. I spend quite a bit of time by myself. Well, not really alone. I have animals around me at all times. They are not bothered if I am sick. I could not be without animals in my house!

I have the same problem! I feel guilty holding my husband back, so I tell him, "you're not sick! Live your life!". BUT, it's hard, sometimes. Only in my mind though, my body says to lay down with a hot water bottle. She's worn out, lol!