• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Mark left from bag!

Hi I had my ileostomy reversed on the 1st of Feb, however I still have a ring around my skin where the bag used to be, I have tried scrubbing it with soa but no joy, does anyone know how long this will take to go?? thanks

PsychoJane

It's like the skin that is different I suppose?
I assume that after a few cycle, the skin should get back to what it used to be. I would try moisturizing intensely with some oil (argan, olive, emu, etc). It should help the skin regeneration.

Terriernut

It seems like quite a while to still have a ring there where your bag used to be. I've no doubt it will pass though. But, I do have a suggestion for anyone with skin issues, dry skin, etc.
https://www.lush.co.uk/product/69/Buffy-Body-Butter-90g

Buffy will scrub the dead skin away, and its got a ton of cocoa butter to moisturize at the same time. It's divine! (lush is in the USA too for you people there) This is an item always on my list of must haves when home from the hospital and my skin is a mess from the hot dry air. It works a treat on excema as well. So I would think it would work on your 'ring' of skin too.

You could try Bio-Oil. It's used for stretch marks and scar tissue. I once saw some in the background on a hospital documentary about recovering soldiers, so perhaps there's some clinical evidence for it's use. I use it to moisturise after a shower. You only need to use a couple of drops at a time. You can get it at any chemist, and I just got some for £8 for a little bottle from Tesco.