• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Maybe i have Abscess

Its not an easy thing to say, im just drawing straws now, but the reason i say that is because the pain is so..... Just.... Not adding up.

Ive had an abscess, on the lower region, on my right side sorta shifted next to/below bellybutton. And the actual pain at that time i kept feeling even lower than that. Basically where i was feeling the pain, was in a different region than where it was.

In this case, lets call it November2021, im just feeling, really, pain up and down the intestine, just universally, but i wouldnt describe it as too high, or as too low, as my 1st abscess was the lower region. So something central. Which coorelates with how long it takes as food passes. Its like only an hour in, and i sometimes feel it. But in the beginning, it was taking like 6 or 7 hours. But, im not being critical of that at the moment, that could be the case, the point is that its not too high or too low. And thats all i know, if its an abscess that is, all speculation.

Please dont critique this with information on seeing my doctor, as i made it clear about already contacting my doctor. And i think ive been pretty cool for someone trying to communicate in unclear pain.

cmack

Staff member
Hey mo7,

I'm sorry if you feel critiqued. I, personally never meant to offend you. I'm here because I've had multiple abscesses and countless fistulas as a result. I can relate. If there is anything you would like to know feel free to ask. I'm not here to judge... I prefer to call it advice. I'm here if you would like to chat about what's going on.

All the best.

Reactions: mo7
Hey mo7,

I'm sorry if you feel critiqued. I, personally never meant to offend you. I'm here because I've had multiple abscesses and countless fistulas as a result. I can relate. If there is anything you would like to know feel free to ask. I'm not here to judge... I prefer to call it advice. I'm here if you would like to chat about what's going on.

All the best.
Im so glad you said that. After i left, i hallucinated your name was mCrack, and then i was like, "Okay these guys are messing with me, or i am just unable to get my stuff together"... No honest, i feel better you cleared that up... Everything is really... "choppy" right now, like, the last happiness-blocks in the minecraft world before it corrupts. So im like, writing draft after draft to communicate and then im going back and forth... Long story short, im just an emotional wreck over this. ive contacted my gastro. I am waitin on that. I like to come in with a clearer picture, especially if it is something akin to my past visits where they kept me a few days in the hospital, but didnt have a solution. Im just wanting to talk it out.

That's fine by me. I'm here to help. BTW I love to talk!... LOL
I'll need some time to reorient my thoughts in my notes, cause it doesnt really communicate anything in its current state. But i will..... At the moment its like dodging dodge-balls, im dodging waves of pain. On the right wave i can get a clear writing down on here.

One last positive thing, and maybe it means nothing without the context put in yet, but im eating my food in 'smaller doses' (which ive really been on a small amounts of food diet, already) but now its just... Smaller amounts.... For whatever reason, this showed to be, although showing in the slightest of results, enough to say, hey this was atleast something i noticed working.
How exactly thats the biggest positivity contention, we can discover on my next writing.

"Thank the lord for my grandmom, she asked me about a past hospital visit i had during the first covid sweep, and it got me back to writing. I had deleted most of my notes cause i couldnt remember everything, like im so confused from how rediculous the situation is, i dont see it clearly, and i cant make sense of it... Its this weird thing.
But i think i have enough down for now, to remember the rest at a later date.

We have to go back slightly before the 3 weeks of the stomach pain starting (but not so far back as the stool impaction, i think that makes it more confusing) More like 9 weeks, when i got a bloodclot in my leg while sitting in unusual ways at the computer (once again, it started in my right calf muscle, but consolidated itself primarily in my left thigh... This weird thing with shifting pain)
So fast forward to when im searching up symptoms, somebody told me, or something i read mentioned this phrase 'deep vein thrombosis'. I searched it, and the symptoms were eerie how similar they described what i felt. So i walked my bad-legged self across the street to my family doctors office, and he said go to so & so hospital. So i did that and they confirmed i had a bloodclot in my left thigh. (Im still scheduled to see a hematologist in january for that) Anyway, long story short, that pain, which i thought was annoying and bad, diseappeared, only to be immediately trumped by, this immediately annoying pain, that was like i had ate something, even though i didnt. Like immediately things did not add up. I was eating less, and receiving more pain from it. I was trying to be active, and receiving pain for it. I was caught in a loop of pain receptors misfiring, in a brilliance of activity, without any reason for it do be doing so.

Ive been pooping regularly and of my normal consistency. My appetite is good. Everything outside of the pain itself, i have under reigns. Now theres some technical bits i havent added yet, but im still trying to put the missing pieces together."

Lol now im like, stuck in writing-in-between, cause i keep wanting to add more now and fix this part, etc, i really shouldve waited til tomorrow when all the facts were together, but honestly ill be back tomorrow, im just like, slightly mental at the moment.

cmack

Staff member
Hang in there, mo7. I care buddy. Look after yourself and let me know how things go. I'm usually around if you need to talk to someone who's been through this type of crap before. All the best.

cmack

Staff member
Would you care to tell me if you think you have an active abscess? It's something you need to deal with quickly... It's an urgent matter. I know it's stressful, however I know from first hand experience.

Last edited:
Lol now im like, stuck in writing-in-between, cause i keep wanting to add more now and fix this part, etc, i really shouldve waited til tomorrow when all the facts were together, but honestly ill be back tomorrow, im just like, slightly mental at the moment.
... this is me, everday!

... don't stress over it, just let it roll
we're not english majors here, just do what you can and post it up, even if it's not "perfect"

crohns is a cruel bitch and it impacts on many levels, (many of them unseen)
we've all been where you're at, (most of us more than once), so just post up and lets see if someone who has been thru it has some real world experience to share with you

This place is full of saavy, caring and compassionate people who live the challenges every day. It's one of the only safe places to let it all out

mo7, you got this,
it may not seem that way, but you got this
... just stay the path and post up any questions you may have (and don;t sweat the grammar/punctuation)
things will turn around and you'll be seeing/feeling better days soon enough!

fwiw;

cmack is the real deal, and a man of his word
anything you say to him in pm's will stay between you and you only
he helped me thru a tough spot, and i bet he can do the same for you

... this is me, everday!

... don't stress over it, just let it roll
we're not english majors here, just do what you can and post it up, even if it's not "perfect"

crohns is a cruel bitch and it impacts on many levels, (many of them unseen)
we've all been where you're at, (most of us more than once), so just post up and lets see if someone who has been thru it has some real world experience to share with you

This place is full of saavy, caring and compassionate people who live the challenges every day. It's one of the only safe places to let it all out

mo7, you got this,
it may not seem that way, but you got this
... just stay the path and post up any questions you may have (and don;t sweat the grammar/punctuation)
things will turn around and you'll be seeing/feeling better days soon enough!

fwiw;

cmack is the real deal, and a man of his word
anything you say to him in pm's will stay between you and you only
he helped me thru a tough spot, and i bet he can do the same for you
Thank you T, that makes me feel better.

I havent been this confused in a long time....

Im just waking up, im still disoriented from yesterday, hadnt slept for 24 hours....

As the day progresses i'll try to gather my thoughts. I'll talk to yous then.

Im preparing mentally for heading to the hospital... Pains too severe, and it feels like an abscess. I told my family, dont offer me food atm.... Just drinks, vitamin water, that type've thing. If it doesnt subside, if nothing i do helps, im ready to just get it looked at immediately.

It could be any moment tonight if the pain comes back, that i go in to hospital. I will let yous know what happens.

Was at hospital, 16 hours in waiting room... They finally had got me in room nd they did catscan etc. wasnt inflammation, or an abscess, but instead a Gallstone, they wanna do surgery on gallbladder.... And pretty sure they are very much right, cause the pain is now in that region. And when i press on pancreas on my left, for relief, i get momentary relief from the gall on right side.

Thank yous. Im just drinking water atm and fighting the good fight. might try yoga, and will look into best way to naturally reduce stone. Im subscribed to Dr Berg on youtube, and he has an abundance of gall bladder info. it would be nice to not completely remove the gallbladder if i dont have to. Ive only ever had one surgery.... And it was to drain an abscess. im fortunate for that. I just wanna get all the facts straight before they get surgical.

Last edited:

cmack

Staff member
I'm glad you found out what's wrong... I'm really glad you went to be seen. I've been concerned about you. I've had a lot of surgery, but not that one. All I can tell you is you don't feel a darn thing when you're asleep. Keep in touch mo7 , I'm wishing you the best possible outcome.

I'm glad you found out what's wrong... I'm really glad you went to be seen. I've been concerned about you. I've had a lot of surgery, but not that one. All I can tell you is you don't feel a darn thing when you're asleep. Keep in touch mo7 , I'm wishing you the best possible outcome.
Lol thank you... Its gonna all get healed; whether through surgery or diet... My mom said the same thing you said... That you are asleep for the surgery. She also said she had her gallbladder removed, and she said there was no pain. So its nice to know that even the last resort to all of this doesnt involve pain.
I have a feeling this is related to my diet, atleast a little... 5 years ago i got stuck in the center of a domestic abuse situation and i never got my dietary demands perfectly met. So im just now finding my footing.
My pains are typically when i first wake up, although thats happened every day almost for 5 years. So It is probably just of recent, reached a meltdown point. That makes actually ALot of sense.