• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Mayo Findings on Split-dose bowel prep

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
"We found that quality of the prep was seven times better in patients who took it in the morning than in patients who took it the night before," Dr. Gurudu says. "The more time that elapses between the last liquid intake and colonoscopy, the dirtier the colon becomes. So split-dose regimens and dosing closer to the procedure are clearly the direction things are headed."

Might as well just prep the morning before rather than at night and then in the morning as well. I'll keep that it mind for my next scope. One dose of Suprep has always been enough for me (that and not eating the day of the procedure, clear liquids only, no red or purple (some GI docs say no orange or blue either) even during the prep and especially after the prep is done). Just have to do the math and make sure that you don't drink anything so many hours before the scope.