• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Median Arcuate Ligament Syndrome (MALS)

My new GI thinks I have MALS. I had the first of the tests today. I have researched this extensively and although I'm not a doctor - I think she is right. Sounds pretty scary but looks fixable via surgery.

Does anyone have any experience with this condition? :ywow:

Hadn't heard of it before but I googled it, at least if you do have it the surgery will likely permanently fix it.

Hope all goes well with the testing

They think so, my new GI has a lot of experience with lots of not normal causes like mine. She picked this off in my first 40 minute visit with her - seems like she knows her stuff. Praying they find something that wil give me my life back. Symptoms exactly fit - but we will see. If it is rare or weird - I'm your candidate! They found some things on my small bowel series that can lead to many different diseases - praying so hard for relief!