• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Medical tests for work...

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Hi.
I'm doing this medical type test for my work in the morning at 11am. Unfortunately, I have to fast in order to do this and it's required for me for my medical insurance for 2014. Not looking forward to it because whenever I don't eat, I get nausea and stomach pain and generally just don't feel good. :ybatty:

The last time I ate was about 10 till 10pm. All I can really have is water until the test is done & I'm already not feeling good. I know that I'll get through this, but it's not going to be easy. :voodoo: Thanks for listening.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Thinking of you and hoping you get through the tests without too much discomfort. :hug:

:goodluck:

Dusty. xxx

What type of test are you having? If you're allowed to drink, maybe you could take some anti-nausea meds? Hope it goes well. At least you can look forward to eating when it's done - when I've had to fast before tests I plan some edible treats for after it's done. :hug:

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
I feel for you, Cross-stitch, my stomach doesn't like it either when I don't eat for an extended period of time. If I skip dinner, I will feel awful the next day. I hope things went okay with the fasting and the test. Let's see, it's 1 PM here, so I think that means it's 11 AM in Washington now? So hopefully that means you've just had the test and are eating something delicious right now. :)

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
I passed! Now, to eat something!!!!!! :dance:

The test consisted of: Blood pressure, LDL/HDL, Blood Glucose, BMI/Waist Circumference. He drew blood from my finger for most of it. Took my height and had a special scale that weighed me along with showing my BMI and a couple other things. All in all took about 1/2 hour.

Got nausea and haven't been feeling good. But, no pain! Thankfully I don't have to do this again till next year around this time. Yippee:) Thanks everybody! :hug: