• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Medication and Colonoscopy

I have a colonoscopy to do this week and I am still on Entocort, I don't remember what my Dr. said exactly when I asked him if I should continue to take the Entocort even on the day of the colonoscopy. What have been your experience with this? It says to fast after midnight, if I take it in the morning without food would that be bad?

J

JillianB82

I was put on Entocort after mine, but they told me no meds in the morning. Like umpharmd said, take it when you get home. :)

Good luck! They are so much fun!

I have it tomorrow, I took my meds this morning, going to eat breakfast and lunch and then will take the laxatives at 2pm. I guess its logic, I'll take my meds after my colonoscopy tomorrow which is around 1:30-2pm.