• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Medication that taxes liver less?

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
What do you mean by cleaner meds? Curious minds want to know. Prozac was terrible for me when I was on it. Though they helped, I hope I never have to go back on SSRIs for anxiety or anything else.

Hope you figure something out soon. I feel your pain on this topic.

nogutsnoglory

Thanks, I wish I didn't have to take it but it takes the edge off a stressful and depressing life. I think if I was healthy and living a regular life I would not need an SSRI. As for cleaner, I mean mixes well with other medications. Apparently drugs like Prozac have a tendency to increase or decrease the efficacy of other drugs its competing with.

I'm sorry you have to take them.....I look at taking anti depressants this same way as I do taking my insulin....My body doesn't produce insulin naturally anymore so I need to inject to offset the imbalance, equally so an imbalance in the brain chemistry means some people need to take medication to correct the balance, I don't think it's anything to be ashamed or embarrassed about and I think people should understand better and not continue the stigma........oops, sorry I'll get off my soap box now :). It just makes me mad that it's ok for me to inject chemicals but not for people to take anti depressants.