• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Medication

I am wondering if anyone on this Forum knows how to get medication that isn’t available in your own country? I had an op in 2013 to remove a section of small bowel which has left me with bile salts malabsorption. I mostly use Imodium which I can buy in bulk quite easily. I have tried Questran with limited success, granules are not very practical unless you are at home. I know there is a tablet form called Colesevelam or Cholestagel in the UK and I really want to try it. My GP says if I can find a supplier he is happy to write me a prescription. So far I have only turned up one website in which they want $1 per tablet with a minimum purchase of 200. That is fine for a trial but if I find it helpful that kind of ongoing financial outlay is not feasible. I live in Australia and they only have Questran. I tried a friend who works in a medical surgery and she asked in a pharmacy but they couldn’t help her. Does anyone know any reputable medical websites on line I can try? I have been in remission since my op but this is worse than the flare ups I used to have and is very life limiting as many of you will know. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I look forward to hearing from anyone who can help me with this enquiry.

Attachments