• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Meeting GI, what questions should I ask

I'm currently waiting on results of a small bowel series and quantiferon test, these were done I think to check for strictures, cos the colonoscopy couldn't get into small bowel, and in preparation for immunosuppressants. My head is muddled with everything that's going on and I find myself bereft of pertinent questions I should be asking. I would be very grateful if I could get some suggestions. I'm already concerned about the effect of immunosuppressants on my diabetes. My head feels a bit fried!! Please help me understand what I need to know. Thank you for reading and in advance of any help. Have a great day.

SarahBear

Hi, Lynda. :)

A few questions that might be useful:
  • What were the results of the tests and what does this mean for my treatment?
  • How will immunosuppressants effect my diabetes?
  • What are my treatment options now? What do you think is best at this point?
  • What symptoms should I watch for, especially in regards to diabetes, when I begin this treatment? If these occur, should I contact you, another doctor, go to the hospital, etc.?

Hope that helps, and that your appointment goes well! :)

Thank you for your reply, I just can't seem to get my brain functioning properly at the minute, these are very helpful.