• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Members

S

Skinsfan1229

I'd just like to say I noticed members are up to 415 thats pretty good, still growing, everyday.

Lets keep it up

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
I agree! :D

We increased from 300-400 very fast and I hope that the growth can continue to occur. If you know anyone who could benefit from this forum please let them know about it. Otherwise feel free to continue to post your questions :).

Kev

Hey yeah... More and more people are getting IBD.. We'll have to expand. Yippee!!
OK, KIDDING! Heard that here in good ole NS it affects 1 in every 300. That's nasty! It is nice that people are finding this site.. I know I find it very beneficial. And given the nature of this illness, perhaps seeing a site like this, meeting the folks already on here.. will help take some of the pain away.. Like, IBD robs us of so much. Perhaps we can get something back via meeting/chatting online.. posting our stories, etc.. Maybe there will come a day when people DX'd with IBD will feel empowered just by joining this site.. and not feel like hiding themselves & their IBD from the world.. You know? Like, being able to say.. My name is Kev, and I've got IBD..

S

Skinsfan1229

440.....This is making me feel so happy....slowly but surely. Keeping a steady pace.

S

Skinsfan1229

458....not far off from 500, that'll be a pretty good/easy goal by the years end jeff!

S

Skinsfan1229

469 guys....about a dozen every few days isnt bad.

Get that word out!

S

Skinsfan1229

I'm not sure actually when it was started i'm sorry, I coudl probably find that out for you though.

I believe feb 2006, so not even a year. And about a hundred or so members have joined in the past month or so.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
It actually started near the end of April 2006. It has been growing steadily since that time. I have enjoyed getting to know all of you though and hope to continue to meet many others in the future.

mikeyarmo said:
It actually started near the end of April 2006. It has been growing steadily since that time. I have enjoyed getting to know all of you though and hope to continue to meet many others in the future.
Wow! That's a really good development! Im sure so many more will find their way here also.

/H

tonya_n_ky

It's sad that so many people are affected with this disease. But awesome tht so many people are finding the forum. It's a true blessing.

G

GeoGiGi

I have a google alert set for "Crohns" so every day I get an e-mail with the latest news articles and blogs about Crohns. And about two weeks ago crohnsforum.com appeared in my google alert.

Links from other sites bring more people here (for example, a link off your personal page), word of mouth (like Cara's flyer given out by doctors) and getting more hits to move the site up on common search engines like google help the community grow!

Any guesses when we'll reach 1000?

I have no clue when we will hit 1000 but it has been amazing to see how many people have joined since I came here around May. It is so cool being part of a growing site like this that helps so many people of a growing population.

Great job Mike

W

wi_girl

Its definitely good that more people are finding this site.I was lost until I stumbled upon it and now I try to get on here everyday.It's helped me alot.I've told my doctors about it so hopefully theyll let other patients know.

S

Skinsfan1229

I have the same geogigi, but also have them search specifically for crohns and stem cells also. and Crohns medication.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Crohn's Forum seen under Crohn's Disease?

GeoGiGi said:
And about two weeks ago crohnsforum.com appeared in my google alert.
I wish I knew about that! Do you remember for what specific purpose it was listed there for? Was it for a specific post or was it due to someone else's post about the forum (like in a blog)?

G

GeoGiGi

Ok, so I can't find the e-mail in my trash bin that had the crohnsforum.com link. But it appeared around the end of October or the first few days in November. This is the same time that google alerts went from just delivering news updates to also sending you a section on blogs. So now I get news headlines on Crohn's and blog blerbs. The blog alerts usually pick up just a thread in a blog, not the main blog page or anything. So the more we include the word Crohn's, the more we'll show up? I dunno. I think the alert that brought me here was directly from this website... although the more I think of that, the more I start to doubt... it could have been a posting from someone (perhaps you Mike?) on another blog about this forum. Sorry about my shoddy memory!