• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Membership cards..

Ok, I have my ileo, now where do I get my membership card to this club?

I apologise in advance, and my new user name should be 'Grumpy'. Bear with me whilst I try and get used to this new life- but right now it damn well sucks and I hate it!!

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
I thought you meant your new name should be Grumpy Bear!! Sounds like a Disney character:)!! Hang in there Andrea, it'll get better!

ameslouise

I have been thinking of you! Glad to hear from you even if you are miserable right now. The first 48 suck bad and it gets a little easier each day, I promise.

Check back in when you feel up to it - no pressure.

xo xo xo - Ames

Terriernut

Ok, I have my ileo, now where do I get my membership card to this club?

I apologise in advance, and my new user name should be 'Grumpy'. Bear with me whilst I try and get used to this new life- but right now it damn well sucks and I hate it!!
You are gonna feel better as soon as you're down at the pub drinking the men under the table and eating popcorn. And I'll join you!

Meanwhile give yourself some time to heal and adjust...and get the meds out of your system, which will play absolute havoc with your emotions. :yfaint:

Thank you for posting..we are looking forward to you feeling better soon, and you WILL!
:hug:
Misty

Nyx

Hope you feel better soon....and yes, it does get better! As has been mentioned..wait till you get to eat! I mean REALLY eat...lol

Terriernut

Yeah, and then she'll worry that she'll get FAT! Next thing ya know, she'll be asking us for diet tips. After she's eaten a monster sized popcorn at the cinema. Or ALL of the for 2 Chinese Takeaway!!

Andrea, the swelling will go down in your tummy...trust me. I will warn you that you will start belching for Britain shortly if they've done a lapro. They put alot of air in there...it's gotta come out sometime. Mine rattled the windows of all of Luton.:devil:
Misty

Thanks all, I have really been the patient from hell for the past 48 hrs. I really don't know what's wrong with me- here's to hoping it's hormones!!
I will be back- stronger than ever. This disease can f right off if it thinks it's winning!!

Last edited:
Thanks Misty- I really don't know how to stop the tears or to get a bloody grip. It's not a rehersal and this is my life- please feel free to give me one almighty kick up the bum! Morphine pump means it won't hurt!!
xx

Terriernut

My kick up the butt would be....you aren't giving yourself enough TIME yet! You are like me...I want it all, right now! I should wake up, jump off the surgery table, and be PERFECT!!!! Well, it aint gonna happen sweetheart. I'm still healing and it'll be 3 months at the end of this month! I am back to work full time this week, with the flu, and it's not easy. But...every single day I feel a bit better. One step at a time!!!
Bless your welsh heart! Hope you enjoyed my snotty american accent on your phone!
Misty

ameslouise

Ask for Valium, it really helps. It's like having a big stiff drink after a shitty day at work.

Everytime I had a full blown breakdown over the past couple days, they plied me with valium and it really calmed me down!!!

Terriernut

Great advice Amy. Wish I'd had a laptop while in hospital. Valium. Great idea....keep going Welshy...we are gonna have a great drunk together!
Love ya,
Misty

Amy sweetie- still hanging on in there despite the crap you're going through. Thank you and biggest hugs heading your way xx

Misty- when do you arrive with my 'alternative' medicine?? thank you so much, and yes- you sound soo bloody posh I thought you'd dialled the wrong number!! xx

Terriernut

Amy sweetie- still hanging on in there despite the crap you're going through. Thank you and biggest hugs heading your way xx

Misty- when do you arrive with my 'alternative' medicine?? thank you so much, and yes- you sound soo bloody posh I thought you'd dialled the wrong number!! xx
Snotty, meaning real snott!!! As in FLU!! hehhheheeeee!!!!

Ok, so now I can be that guy who says things are gonna be great for you soon. Yes, it sucks in the beginning. But, I just had such a great weekend. Can't really say I thought about my ostomy much.

For me, it was about 3 to 4 months before I reached acceptance and started to have a good routine with this thing.

This morning, I changed my wafer, like I do every 4 days, and it was so easy, just an little thing, like shaving. I always change mine in the morning during my shower, when my activity is usually nil.

Andrea and Ames - try to stay positive and you'll get there. I remember when Nyx (Cindy) was dragging me through this - I could not imagine how she was so positve and said it was great and easy. Now I know. Now I just try to pay it forward - what she and the others here did for me.

Joe, thank you so much for the post. You are doing a great job paying it forward:) Andrea, I felt so much better once I got home. It must have been the comfort of my own bed and being able to take care of my ileostomy in private. Plus, it feels great to get rid of all those tubes. If your pain meds don't work, make them change it. Hope you are feeling great soon!

Thanks all,
Today is a good day- feel as if I've hit the turning point. I'm not saying I LIKE this ileo, but am getting there in terms of acceptance. Day 5 is still early, but, the drains, cathetar have all gone. I'm mobile and eating soft foods. It's all heading in the right direction. Hoping to be allowed home at the end of the week- now that's when the 'fun' begins. No nurses and stoma nurse at hand 24/7, and having to deal with this on my own, but it will signal the start of a very new begining...

Thank you all so much for your support. I'm sure there will be an endless list of questions popping up here in the weeks to come...and Joe, within time, I will be following you, following Nyx...

Have a good day all xx

Hay Andrea :)

good to hear you are feeling better about things and thanks for posting :thumright:

I'm sure you will cope just fine at home but there is a lot of support here if you need it :hang:

Take care and give yourself time :ghug: