• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Merry Xmas you have crohns :)

Seems to be a few of us who were being naughty instead of nice this year !!
I am sure I asked for Helicopter when I wrote my letter to Santa :)
I certainly never mentioned anything about Crohns

39 years old as of last Oct had no bowel probs ever, went to the gym regular was eating healthy high protein diet,

Then over the next 8 weeks I began to experience the flareup from hell, to cut long story not so long, I was admitted to A&E on Dec5th had all sorts of unpleasantries done to me, was diagnosed with Perianal Crohns, had butt surgery seton drain fitted for Fistula, was put on Remicade straight away :(
Never been one for hanging round meself :)

Am now 3 weeks since dx and am bewildered by the amount of conflicting info online and by how much is known and how much is not known of this disease,
There are so many variables and so much of it can seem personal to each and every sufferer, I am about to have my 3rd infusion of Remicade , the chronic D has slowed down, I feel "strange" to say the least and have come down with the mother of all flu's,for which I am back on antibiotics

However my spirit has been lifted by the amount of Support there is online for people and as I am a newbie and I think my crohns is truly made itself at home and settled in for the long haul, I will be spending some time on these forums so I though I may aswell introduce myself,

Anyway I am trying to keep positive and am hoping to get this thing in remission as quickly as possible and keep it there,
So just to wish all my fellow crohnies a happy New Year and say Hi :)

Welcome to the forum but sorry you have had a horrible time.
I was on remicade and I worked really well for me after the loading doses I really started to notice the difference and I went back to being normal, well normal for me. I really hope it works for you and keeps you feeling well.
There is a lot of different info out on the website and what different people will tell you can be confusing after a while you can find what works for you and who is spouting nonsense. I at first found it difficult to adjust to living with a chronic illness but now I am a lot more positive and just plod on and enjoy life as much as possible also I try not best myself up to much about having to have a day in bed every now and then.